Roanoke Virginia Indian Artifact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjon12

Dec 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in a gravel bed in a creek in the vicinity of Roanoke VA over the Thanksgiving holiday. I can't imagine this shape coming naturally or through erosion of a stone like this without the erosive force also polishing it somewhat. Any ideas on whether or not this is an indian artifact and if so what kind?

IMG_3807.JPG IMG_3808.JPG IMG_3809.JPG IMG_3810.JPG

Upvote 1

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks natural to me.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK these guys are going to like this. In your first picture I would have agreed with Crusader. Then the second picture I could tell that it was worked. It was verified by the third picture. So I will start at the forth. It is the representation of the horse in that one along with another I not sure of. Now in the third picture it's showing me the snake with the fangs. The second picture shows that there is a cave with three ways to get into it two of then are trapped and the one is a vertical shaft. The way to see this better is to use mineral oil on it. It will bring out some details on it. It also tell me that it is silver being hid. You other guys wonder how I got to this conclusion. Study signs and symbols of treasure. Put some time studio gand know your subjects. The person who made this stone work had knowledge of the code. It is a straight from the Spanish type code. It not as advanced as some I've seen. This silver may have been found by now. I can't tell you anything beyond that it was once there at the time the stone was marked.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hold on boys and girls, the hay ride has started!

Attachments

• Hayride.png
    Hayride.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 996
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, it is natural rock....

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like what my Dad used to call a sex stone!

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No sex stone, no treasure map, no artifact ..only natural

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you guys were smarter . Your all wrong. If you guys are so sure of yourselves let take a gamble. Let's all meet at the S.I. in Washington. If I'm wrong I will pay your way. If I'm right you pay mine and the op. Way. Let's see who is right I will put you guys to shame. Then we can get to the truth. I can't wait for you guys to eat crow.tell me when and I will be there. Put your money where your mouth is. And tell Charles to come too

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk is cheap boys. If you guys are real treasure hunter. Hopefully I will not be in another country so you want have to pay so much.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waiting Gentleman for an answer

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Bob, say something funny.

To the OP. I think it's el natural

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can meet at the Smithsonian Institution Dept.Of American History. It needs to be after the Holidays to have the right people there. There we can differently solve this fast and easy. It will take less than and hour of your time. You can be home the same night. I do want to tell you now. The deck will be stacked against you. I will state my case and you yours.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very serious now. But when I first wake up in the morning. My mouth is dry from all my snoring.
I sip my coffee to get myself going. I turn on my phone to see what's showing. I look on Treasure Net to start my morning. I see who's mad at me today. To see if it is about what I say. They don't like the fact that I'm right. Because it seem like it's always a fight. I will prove myself to be true. Then finally the truth for all of you.

How is that for funny?

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot one thing . When you go to pay my bill. I'll buy you lunch for given me this trill. I will not say I told you so. You know not the Jesuit work though. I don't claim to know everything. The Jesuit work is my Fame. I hope they don't care for using their name. Those men back then are not the same. They came to teach in His name. I intend to do but it's not the same. On here I'm careful of what I say. In the end you guys will pay. I want to thank you now for the fun. When it's all over let's call it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread