XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1481153769403.jpg
1481153789290.jpg
1481153819150.jpg
1481153840731.jpg

That dirt sure can play tricks on my eyes, lol
Long day, I figured it was going to be a mud fest, so I went looking for the farmer that farms the fields next to where i was yesterday. I found him, got a yes to his fields and directions to an old barn not standing anymore. He told me also where the owner he leases from, her address. I spent the next three hours looking for her, the, barn spot, really where to park and enter field. I finally drove all the way back and of course he was not there. I left a note, then later he called. I hunted one hour, got done finding hinge and 1879 IHC. Stopped back and lady was home and she said yes! Found some treasure, and procured a few hundred more acres!
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Upvote 15

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait, wait, wait. A few hundred more acres?!?!?!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Brad hey you earned yourself a spot that will probably never be hunted out. Plus not lots or any people around plus old coins and relics that's great. cant wait to see more finds from you good luck thanks for the post!!!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet that was a rush :headbang: then a let down. :BangHead:. Congrats on those digs and the new permissions. Are you using the 11" coil Brad?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's ok, we are all entitled to a bit of wishful thinkin'! ;)

Still a good job in my book!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the injun
Thanks Art

Wait, wait, wait. A few hundred more acres?!?!?!
That is a very conservative estimate, really I'd be safe saying couple thousand more. I'm going to settle in starting tomorrow to what I was doing last winter, grid searching, yesterday was the first grid I ran in the last ten hunts or more.

Good job Brad hey you earned yourself a spot that will probably never be hunted out. Plus not lots or any people around plus old coins and relics that's great. cant wait to see more finds from you good luck thanks for the post!!!!!!
Thank you

I bet that was a rush :headbang: then a let down. :BangHead:. Congrats on those digs and the new permissions. Are you using the 11" coil Brad?
Thanks Kevin, don't forget today buddy, a date that will live in infamy. I have a nine, maybe after the smoke clears from Christmas? XP Deus is coming out with a new DD coil to match a new upgrade, not sure about buying anything until I see whats up with the new coming technology. So far my Deus is great in the "fresh water" salt water, forget about it. What I'm told is the new DD can hunt salt, I'll believe it when I see it????

That's ok, we are all entitled to a bit of wishful thinkin'! ;)

Still a good job in my book!
Thanks WIF
It's all part of the excitement even if it is just a few minutes. I love every Indian Head Cent I find!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Awww crapshoot! That's happened to me. Maybe next time buddy. Odds are in your favor with the amount of IHC's you dig;)

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You have luck

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could google it, but being lazy, what about a 77?

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job getting all that new land Brad! Oh... And I would have totally thought that was a '77 too. Those dirty pictures look just like 77! Oh well, still a great day and looking forward to what you dig up out there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds!

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice IH. I know your experience well. Sometimes it just takes alot of time to get those permissions doesn't it. That's especially true in your case where you have to track down the farmer and the owner.

John

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG Score on more acreage. Liking the possibilities for more injuns.
Should keep me busy for awhile, thanks

Nice job..
Thanks Tex

Awww crapshoot! That's happened to me. Maybe next time buddy. Odds are in your favor with the amount of IHC's you dig;)
Happened to Loco, right? As usual it put a smile on my face, there are allot of Indians out in those fields! Thanks Bramble Brother.

You have luck
Clean living, hard work, you make your luck and God gives you things.

I could google it, but being lazy, what about a 77?
Key date IHC check out the link about the 1877 IHC
https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/indian-cents-1859-1909-pscid-17/1877-1c-ms-coinid-12127

You will find the 1877 at the pace you are going Brad, Just a matter of Time!!
I would love to find some of those, along with a bunch of coins still left on my bucket list of coins I have not found yet.

Great job getting all that new land Brad! Oh... And I would have totally thought that was a '77 too. Those dirty pictures look just like 77! Oh well, still a great day and looking forward to what you dig up out there.
I forgot to mention it was on the proverbial trip back to the truck, and in my truck is a loop, I can't see that great even with my glasses, especially dimes.
Thanks Brad

Congratualtions on the nice finds!
Thank you.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice IH. I know your experience well. Sometimes it just takes alot of time to get those permissions doesn't it. That's especially true in your case where you have to track down the farmer and the owner.

John
Thanks

I found a new angle, name dropping the farmer sent me, even to the owner, name drop the farmer said it's ok with him. I was starting to get discouraged, perseverance paid off with some old ground, there is a early 1740's house this soybean field surrounds, when I see that owner, I'll drop that farmers name in a nano second. I was in the cornfield today, it parallels one of the oldest routes in my area. Christmas cards and display boxes coming up!

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treble how long have you been searching this property?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread