The water district drained our slough.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went hunting for any goodies and found a trashed cell phone,24 cents and 9+ pounds of lead,:blob8: this is it after smelting it. 100_6117.JPG 100_6118.JPG Oh my aching back.I use it for making new fishing weights.The Marina is where I really want to go because a lot of people swim there in the summer but the owner wants a 15 dollar day use fee.WAY TO MUCH.$5.00 I would pay but not 15.00.

Last edited:
Upvote 7

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting ! It looks like just one more way to continue after the original hunt is over.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting ! It looks like just one more way to continue after the original hunt is over.
It's actually quite relaxing and you never know a fisherman could have lost a wedding band while casting.

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm.......$15 for a gold ring?...........Hell Ya!!!!

Nice find on the lead!

Iowa Dale

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the smelting, if I didn't live in an apartment, I'd be smelting my scrap silver.
And yeah, I'd fork over the $15 and spend all day there.
His crap karma might be good luck for you.
I play all the odds.
Kudos!
Carl

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I offer 5 then split the diff with him at ten, then at the end of the day sell those 5+ gold rings ya find and laugh all the way home:laughing7:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
15 and maybe the first to detect it? GLADLY. One gold and you have the rest as gravy. Might want to rethink that 15 clams.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might pay the $15 and make sure it's a very long day. :laughing7:

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet smelting.
What slough is this? I'll gladly pay that $15. I used to map marinas all over the central delta and those places are hubs of activity. You'd probably find rods and reels of varying states of decay and possibly still usable.
Can you actually walk in all the muck??

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet smelting.
What slough is this? I'll gladly pay that $15. I used to map marinas all over the central delta and those places are hubs of activity. You'd probably find rods and reels of varying states of decay and possibly still usable.
Can you actually walk in all the muck??

It's dry for the first 15 feet to the water.My biggest deal is he doesn't own where I want to detect he owns from the high water mark back.I don't know maybe he has rights into the slough maybe I am wrong.There is still water in the deepest part I am trying to get a tenant from the Marina to say I am his guest.I 'm cheap I guess.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I offer 5 then split the diff with him at ten, then at the end of the day sell those 5+ gold rings ya find and laugh all the way home:laughing7:

Already tried to talk him into a locals discount he won't go for it.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have until 1/20/2017 then they start letting water flow again.I also know someone at the water district I'm going to see if he can get me in.If he can I'll give him a split he's a poker buddy of mine.I'll wear my safety vest and say I'm ridding the area of lead.

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have until 1/20/2017 then they start letting water flow again.I also know someone at the water district I'm going to see if he can get me in.If he can I'll give him a split he's a poker buddy of mine.I'll wear my safety vest and say I'm ridding the area of lead.
Good plan! Hope you make a "killing"!

Iowa Dale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread