Last day out... and watched a friend have the best day!

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the day off to get out one last time before everything freezes up. We hit a couple new sites that we just couldn't wait for....and try as I might I just couldn't get over any good targets. I finished the day with 3 wheats, and a few relics... my hunting buddy had a banner day with a 5 type coin count... he got a Merc, 2 wheats and a 1905 Vnick at the first site... and got an Draped bust LC and a Trime at the second.... very happy for him and we finished the year strong. He wanted 10 Large cents, and the Trime was a bucket list coin for him.

See you all in the spring!! Happy Holidays, and Happy Hunting to our fortunate southern friends! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481339236.428570.jpg

Upvote 18

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt I live in Michigan and still go out if its over 40 degrees I dress very warm and don't even notice the cold. Ill tell ya this site helps me get through the winter good reads finds posted like yours and the yearly total posts are great reads with lots of pics hope to see yours if you do that Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt I live in Michigan and still go out if its over 40 degrees I dress very warm and don't even notice the cold. Ill tell ya this site helps me get through the winter good reads finds posted like yours and the yearly total posts are great reads with lots of pics hope to see yours if you do that Thanks for sharing!!!!!

I hunt down into the teens sometimes if I can find a spot to dig. Usually the salt water shore if the ground is too frozen. But these are what we're looking at right now. Teens and 20s with wind....fun fun ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481364201.140126.jpg

Happy to see you and your buddy got into some nice spots to cap off the year. This stuff is cyclical my friend. Sometimes it's your day and sometimes it's not. You'll bounce back in the spring.

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job before frost truey hits.....

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hear ya, I'm originally from Michigan and moved up here to Maine. I may try and get a beach if I'm unable to resist...it showed me temp lows next week under 5 degrees a few days... and it's no fun having to chisel the ground! Good luck up there!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
"I finished the day with 3 wheats, and a few relics..."

That's a great day in my book. Headed out this a.m. - might be one of the last, given the latest weather predictions and the growing "to do" list as Christmas approaches.

HH
dts

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, That trime is on my list, would be so cool. I've been lucky last couple winters I have been able to make it out almost every day. I don't hunt in the rain/snow The ground only freezes about 2 or three inches, but allot of times I'll go in the woods where the leaves help me find ground that is not froze.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to cross the finish line for the year. We have been in the high teens to low twenties for a few days now, but I will be out in the morning. I'm with Treblehunter, I move into the woodlots where the ground is not frozen yet. Cold doesnt bother me, as I worked outside in it for 30 years, and live in Illinois. Nuff said!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You and your friend had a good day, congratulations! :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome day for you both! I have not seen a trime posted for a while here...and now they're crawling out of the ground everywhere! Nice hunt, ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread