🥇 BANNER AWESOME button, reale, relics, coins.......

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to the hunted out colonial field. Had a really good day today. Decided to head to the back of the field and found an iron patch. Made some adjustments on the CTX and listened. Started finding buttons, an Eagle I button, a 1/2 Reale, a large cent, 2 cent, IH, a Rosie lol, some horse tack, an unidentified chunk of ornate silver, and other typical finds for an area like this.
I called my buddy on the cell phone, he was on the other side of the field. Told him to come over as I was finding some good stuff. When he gets there I show him my finds including the big dandy button. Tell him how nice it is, even has a floral pattern on the edge. He turns to me and says buddy, that's not a floral pattern, that's writing. Wait, what?
Take a look, it says INDEPENDENCE, UNITY & PROSPERITY, with 13 stars. No idea what I have here, but I hope it's a good button. Going to do some research now. Thanks for looking, Mike
(Edit) I BELIEVE THIS IS MY FIRST GEORGE WASHINGTON INAUGURAL BUTTON!
IMG_4682.JPG IMG_4686.JPG IMG_4690.JPG IMG_4692.JPG IMG_4684.JPG IMG_4693.JPG IMG_4694.JPG IMG_4683.JPG IMG_4691.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 85

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That button could be the rarest thing ever posted! Hope it is and huge Congrats to you!

-- Jeff --

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike that is amazing!!!!! Congrats! Banner for sure! Did you score that on LI?

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow--awesome hunt buddy !!!!!!--:occasion14:

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah that button is a 360 reverse behind the back no look slam dunk banner find. Congrats!

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Amazing find! Congratulations!! There was an article with about this button in the Oct. 1946 National Button Bulletin which I will attach here -

Attachments

• patrioticbutton.jpg
    patrioticbutton.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 262
OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the replies guys. Been out all morning hunting the same spot. Found some more buttons and a 1786 half Reale. My buddies have been pulling some great finds as well. This is an amazing spot. It's been hunted for over 20 years and still producing. Just working all the iron patches and finding what others have left behind.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, THATS something I haven't seen before! Well done--and congrats on what will no doubt be a banner find!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Bramblefind; You NAILED it. Great Job. It is a New Nation Patriotic Button. VERY Rare. AWESOME. PEACE:RONB

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible button :occasion14: Huge congratulations! Some awesome history with that button and great article Bramblefind.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On reflection, I've just voted banner on this one. Although as it will be next to another button, it might be a long shot. (Shouldn't really make a difference, but it seems to)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner vote is in

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having two very different buttons in a row on the banner would be no different than the capped quarter and fugio currently up there as neighbors.

I realize I'm less qualified than many on this site to make a strong argument about this button from historical and/or collecting perspectives. But based on what we do know this button is about as rare as they come, and IMHO represents an extraordinary moment in US history. Not elevating this banner feels to me like the equivalent of debating whether or not to put up a chain cent or flowing hair silver (which are technically far more common, and less directly expressive of the democratic sentiments of the time).

So....bump! : )

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having two very different buttons in a row on the banner would be no different than the capped quarter and fugio currently up there as neighbors.

I realize I'm less qualified than many on this site to make a strong argument about this button from historical and/or collecting perspectives. But based on what we do know this button is about as rare as they come, and IMHO represents an extraordinary moment in US history. Not elevating this banner feels to me like the equivalent of debating whether or not to put up a chain cent or flowing hair silver (which are technically far more common, and less directly expressive of the democratic sentiments of the time).

So....bump! : )

Well said. This button must go up. That thing is incredible!!!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Banner banner bo banner
Banana fanna fo fanner
Bee bi bo Banner