Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another cold day in Baltimore; it felt colder than Friday. I hunted for just two hours and, at that point, the feet were getting cold and the sun had just set, so it was time to head home.

This was my fifth consecutive hunt at this city park. Again I worked the edge of the walkway ... and with some good results.

I dug just two coins but they were both Indian Head cents, one a fatty with a date of 1863 and the other 1882. Along the way there were some pottery pieces, a marble, a specimen square nail that looks as if it may be brass, and a small decorative glass leaf in a metal holder.

So the streak of Indians is kept going, at least one over the past five hunts here and ten total since the current streak began. I hope to get back on Tuesday and see if the next hunt can produce at least one more.

Happy Hunting!!

Finds.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the IH recoveries! :occasion14:

I know what you mean about the temperature. Today, I was digging a 1720 cellar hole for 2 hours in 21 degree weather, not the best MD experience.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Professor! You're "hard core", out there below freezing. Not sure I would have last long. Hope you found something good.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Art! After finding the fatty I thought "I can go home now", but .... there was still daylight :).

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice streak you have going there and congrats on pulling some remaining sneakers from the edge of the walkway.

John

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx John! You guys frozen in Northern VT? Hope to keep streakin' next hunt. :happysmiley:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. That 1865 fatty might be worth some dough since they stopped making them in 1864:)

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That copper-nickel composition does not hold up in clay soils. Any that I've found are "toasted", to one degree or another.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great Indian hunt, McCDig!! Hope you can keep that streak going until............the complete change of season...........

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:unhappysmiley:Dang Chizzy, that would be something. Happy Hunting in PA!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep the streak going McCDig. :occasion14: I am surprised the Indians are still close to the sidewalks. I recon they poured concrete that has lasted the century. :dontknow:

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx L-D! You're "on the mark" with the recon. The city laid out massive slabs of slate, well-graded and must have a thick base. Like you, I'm also amazed at the coins that I keep hearing. I know others have hit this area but I've been fortunate to pull 10 Indians from this area since December 1st. Plan on hitting it tomorrow morning for a few hours, so let's see what happens.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx L-D! You're "on the mark" with the recon. The city laid out massive slabs of slate, well-graded and must have a thick base. Like you, I'm also amazed at the coins that I keep hearing. I know others have hit this area but I've been fortunate to pull 10 Indians from this area since December 1st. Plan on hitting it tomorrow morning for a few hours, so let's see what happens.

What coil were you using? I have been hunting older permissions using the 5"DD coil.

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
really nice finds. i know it is difficult when it is cold out. just wears you out quicker. congrats on that nice indian.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
L-D, I'm using the NEL Tornado. This is difficult to manuever with in trashy areas, but there's plenty of other territory here where it quiets down. I like the depth and am digging coins down to 9 inches.
I iike your choice of the 5"DD for permissions where you run into overgrowth areas or nail-infested zones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread