Silver Cashe Site.

coinhunter53

Jul 13, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer E-Trac, Shadow X 5, Fisher 1266X.
Well, the site where the silver cashe coins came from is now closed. The firm that will be building the Rite Aid has closed off the site from treasure hunters for insurance reasons. I tried for two hours to change his mind without success. I even offered him money, Lots of Money to no avail. So, I had to leave and watch them dig a great big hole where all the silver coins came from. But this was a great site to detect and I made many great finds , besides the Silver Cashe Coins. I found a total of 39 Silver Coins, One Silver Coin for all the years I have been detecting, 1 1898 Indian Head Penny to add to the total. Blus Bottles, jars, & ceramics, over 40 Matchbox Cars that my Grandkids are enjoying now and about 69 pounds of old copper. It was a great site while it lasted. Now, on to the next site. Thanks for all your interest in my little journey in treasure finds. HH...Jesse.

Attachments

• 1 Silver Cashe Finds, 3..jpg
    1 Silver Cashe Finds, 3..jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,134
Upvote 0

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Well...I am sorry to hear that they closed it off....But you got a lot further and found more in that short time then most of us ever will...Congrats!

R

RUDY2003

Glad you got what you did...
Now look for another silver site...

Keep safe...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Nice finds!! Shame all those other coins will just be buried for who knows how long!! Good to see you saved many from a concrete grave!

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Too bad. I do agree lawyers and insurance companies are the culprit of our society being as it is today.
But, look at it this way.....AWESOME FINDS!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Really nice finds,

That is to bad. I had a colonial site I hunted like that last yr. Not as good as your silver sight. But a few large cents and flat button were found.

I hate to see history go down the drain. It is happening alot anymore. Good thing you got what you did when you did.

HH Jer

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Noooo!
I'm here at work and I know I made an audible moaning sound when I saw all the silver you'd already found - and read that you could no longer hunt such a profitable site! I'll bet my co-workers are wondering what I'm looking at on the internet.... Let 'em wonder!
Thanks for the very cool silver pic...
Ruth

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
wow great finds if they are taking the dirt away you may be able to get into that site instead good luck and hh

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
There ought to be open season on lawyers and insurance companies. Great finds when you got them.

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
go at night or if they pull off the topsoil see were they dump it \
good luck

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Jesse thank's for sharing YOUR great find's.....Liability suck's....Congrat's,that's a lifetime for me..

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
coinhunter53 said:
So, I had to leave and watch them dig a great big hole where all the silver coins came from.

That would be, "watch them dig a great big hole, watch where the trucks with the dirt go, then get permission to detect the dumped dirt!!! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions