We've waged The Silver War

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amanda and I have officially waged war on silver. Particularly silver coins. Sure we'll take silver jewelry and gold but this silver war is personal. The first coin in our sights is a mercury dime and if you make it far enough through this video you may see us detect our first one. The first property, or should I say, battle, is a recent permission I scored at a very old homesite that was built in 1865 shortly after the war passed through our home county. I was told by the land owner that the house was used as a hotel/motel in the late 1800s. Not only did we did our first mercury dime (I know I know Amanda stomped my butt) but I dug my first buffalo nickel which was a 1935 and I dug my first V nickel as well. I also dug a 1952 Canadian one cent, which I thought was pretty cool. Over the course of last weekend, Amanda and I did really well on the homesite relic front as well. We dug several pieces of decorative brass including Amanda's really nice outer casing to a pocket watch and I dug an 1860s brass tin that would have held a sowing kit or perhaps straight razors. All in all, I'm very happy that we decided to wage this war on silver coins. I'll have to ask Amanda what is next on her bucketlist because unlike me, she's dug not one, but two mercs now. I also share my Facebook announcement video inside this video as well, where I show my barber quarter, my Roosevelt dime, my Morgan dollar and my Washington quarter. I hope you all enjoy this monstrosity of a video. The coming battles of this war should be shorter and much sweeter. But like all campaigns, the beginning chapter can be a little bumpy.

Upvote 5
OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try to add pictures here in a few but as of now, my lunch break is over.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you find?

My wife dug her first 2 mercs, I dug 2 firsts too. I still need to add pictures to this thread. Sorry everyone. It really is hard putting these videos together and adding pictures to top it off.
I put a lot of time in the video.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread