I finally, finally, finally dug some Civil War green glass beer bottles!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 30 degrees and 1/2 of ice on the trees, walks, everywhere. Roads were not good, but my AWD REALLY wanted to go for a ride. So we headed south, about 150 miles. It was 50 degrees there. Went to an old digging site and took the new Deus out for a spin. Dug numerous pieces of camp lead, two different Sharps bullets, a brass thing, a toy car, numerous nails, a new penny, 2 new bullets, fired, and got a signal I never did find until I got home. I kept looking for the signal and get a glimmer of green. A BIG piece of a CW beer bottle, the green kind. Well, it had been broken a long time ago. But I have ALMOST all of it. Should I keep it and try to reconstruct, or toss it as it is potentially hazardous due to the sharp edges. And, oh, I got a whole one too. Happy Dance! What do you think of the broken one? I think toss it. I had bought a couple in years past, don't really think I'd have more than 80% of it when I was done. Too dirty to take pics.

Upvote 4

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would repair it if it is a looker but how about a pic of the unbroken one....are they the same?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is still a lot of mud in the bucket.....same bottle. Also two Sharps and a "thing". IMG_1364.JPG IMG_1365.JPG IMG_1366.JPG I see the broken one more and more as "hazmat" or "emergency room".

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the finds! If you have the time, assemble the CW green beer bottle, may display real nice.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have half the neck.......fortunately glass like that does not stain and cleans up really fast.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only my fourth CW bottle EVER. Not including the trash can bait also shown today. Two others were inks, 1 glass and 1 stoneware. And 1 flask. Found a ton of broken glass though.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI the broken glass found its way into the recycle bin at the local store today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread