Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my kids are starting to show some interest in MDing. Either that or I'm out MDing too much and so this is their chance to see me. ;D Either way, they seem to be doing better than me. :'(
My son found the 1974 -5 Franc coin on Sunday (I thought it was a Liberty half).
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,96758.0.html

Then my daughter and I hit a tot lot briefly last night before it got dark. She found over $2.00 in clad, and a ring. We were hoping for a silver or white gold solitaire, but when we got home we realized it wasn't the real McCoy. :'( Oh well, we were both excited.
She's actually trying to raise $ for her first car, so we may be hitting every tot lot across the country. Watch out BDoo, we're headed your way. ;D
Have a great week folks,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 447
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 450
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 454
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You let your kids share the booty, I hope you tax them.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Excellent, nice to see your taking the kids and getting them involved in the hobby. It's good quality time and helps keep there minds busy.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Way to Go Kids! Your daughter is such a cutie and I am glad they have gotten interested also...what a great hobby to share with dad!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Way to Go Kids! Your daughter is such a cutie and I am glad they have gotten interested also...what a great hobby to share with dad!

Thanks Gypsy.
She was having a bad hair day she said. She wanted her hair lighter and highlighted, so she forked over $110 the other day to have a "professional" do it. Well, the lady screwed it up, so my daughter went back to have it returned back to normal. This time she came back more upset with a darker Goth look. :o :'(
I told her she's beautiful with her normal hair, but you know kids. ;D
-MM-

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
ModernMiner said:
gypsyheart said:

Thanks Gypsy.
She was having a bad hair day she said. She wanted her hair lighter and highlighted, so she forked over $110 the other day to have a "professional" do it. Well, the lady screwed it up, so my daughter went back to have it returned back to normal. This time she came back more upset with a darker Goth look. :o :'(
I told her she's beautiful with her normal hair, but you know kids. ;D
-MM-
You are right .....she is young and beautiful and she shouldnt worry...anything looks cute on them when they are that age!

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Way to go, ModernMiner and DaughterMiner. 8) You two make a great team. Hmmmm....MM, I thought you were a young dude of around 25.....hehehe.....I didn't know you were a papa of around 15 years. :D

I guess relic hunting keeps you young, right? ;)

As Zoy would state it, "Zoyppy zoynting!" :D

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
They showed me the ring last night in a dark field. MM knew I was detecting there. I was trying a new experiment with the Minelab, involving subtle influences on the traffic lights in China, (practicing pinpointing).

I thought the ring was real and the hair looked nice. MM was wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Kirk, when MM and I detect, we go back in time to about the age of ten. Which is really cool because it's like being a ten year old dude and you can still drive a car. Mine has 352,500.120 miles on it, (station wagon). :D

Ridley

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
Way to go, ModernMiner and DaughterMiner. 8) You two make a great team. Hmmmm....MM, I thought you were a young dude of around 25.....hehehe.....I didn't know you were a papa of around 15 years. :D

I guess relic hunting keeps you young, right? ;)

As Zoy would state it, "Zoyppy zoynting!" :D

Thanks Kirk.
I am a young Dude compared to those "coppas" you guys find. ;D
Humor and having a good time keeps me young. ;D
I can only hope that when my daughter gets older she meets a studly sexy "coppa" finding Dude like yourself. He,he,he. ;) ;D
HH,
MM

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You have a great looking family. They take after their mom huh ;D

Seriously, it's great to see the youngsters out there learning the hobby the right way from real pros like you and Ridley. You all will be a force to be reconned with! My kids are about the same age as yours and I have been through the hair coloring thing also, happened just like your daughter's ordeal. Poor kids, they stress soooooo much over that stuff ;).

Congrats to you and them for all the cool finds, hope they are pulling keepers soon. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stormtrooper154 said:
Ridley said:
Mine has 352,500.120 miles on it, (station wagon). :D

Ridley

Tell her Congrats on the finds from Storm!

Storm,
Hilarious job on the wagon!!! LMAO. ;D
I love that movie!
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boobydoo said:
You have a great looking family. They take after their mom huh ;D
Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks Bdoo.
ME taking after the their mom years ago is how this family got started. ;D
Hope you get better soon. Miss your posts.
-MM-

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
MM, those coppas we find are super ancient. You know, dude, I always act cool when I am out detecting. I always strut my metal detecting package around....moving my head back and forth...surveying the area for women that are checking out my relic hunting style. :P :D :D :D :D

Then, when I find a super old coin, I will look around again....brushing off the coin in a cool, but not so dorky fashion. I bet the women that do see me tectin', think, "What a MAN!" :D

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds MM and Family.

It's great when your kids get involved. You never know. The next ring that comes up may be good enough to buy that first car.

Wish I had a vehicle at 16. Took me till I was 21 or 22 to have a car and licence. It's really tough nowadays for a kid to afford to drive and maintain a car.

I have a 17 yr old brother who is dieying to drive. It will all come when the time is right.

HH Jer

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Well at least your daughter will pick up the detector. My 16 year old daughter doesn't even want to be seen in the vicinity of where we are detecting for fear of being associated with us. ;D :D I think it's her brother(Nate) who has ruined it for her. It's that sibling rivalry thing. It's funny because when her friends come over and we start showing them our finds they are all interested and think it's very cool while she just sighs and rolls her eyes. :D

Bob

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Well at least your daughter will pick up the detector. My 16 year old daughter doesn't even want to be seen in the vicinity of where we are detecting for fear of being associated with us. ;D :D I think it's her brother(Nate) who has ruined it for her. It's that sibling rivalry thing. It's funny because when her friends come over and we start showing them our finds they are all interested and think it's very cool while she just sighs and rolls her eyes. :D

Bob

Bob,
Same thing at my house. My daughter won't be seen with me or my wife. ;D
I told her if I ever get to the age and point that I am wearing shorts with black socks pulled up, to push me over the bridge. I can't swim. ;D
When did we stop being cool? ;)
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BlueShadow said:
What a Warm and Wonderful thread this turned out to be, Shows we have more than detecting in common. Your family is the best treasure you'll ever have.
Great post, made me laugh, and at times, even a little weepy eyed (bug musta flew into my eye) Happy Hunting
Blue

Thanks Blue. We'll go with the bug in the eye story. :'( ;D
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread