2nd Trip To The Practice Field To Test The Redneck Meter Cover

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Woke up early this morning and headed to the practice field I started yesturday. I also wanted to test out my new, patent pending, Redneck meter cover. This field is small compared to the ones I have been doing, and I managed to get the rest of the field done. The sun came out and my meter cover worked like a charm. It didn't black out once. My finds for today were:
16 Quarters
14 Dimes
15 Nickels
12 Pennies
1 Susan B. Anthony Dollar (my 3rd in 2 weeks)
1 Putt Putt Token
1 Foriegn Coin, maybe Korean, reverse says 2003 and the demonination 100
And last, but not least, a 10K gold ring with 3 diamond chips. The band is bent pretty bad, but who cares, it's another ring!
By the way, I bought another Coke on the way home, so now I have another meter cover to start filling orders with. This was a great field, I only dug MAYBE 20 pull tabs or pieces of shredded aluminium. I wish they were all like this.
2nd Hunt.JPG
2nd Hunt2.JPG
Practice Field.jpg

Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Cha- Ching, I love Gold. Nice finds, you must wear the heck out of those batteries! Always look forward to checking out your posts. Aloha

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I make my own rechargable packs, otherwise I'd go broke.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Piggman,
Nice ring and congrats on you Redneck Meter Cover.

I'm really impressed with your methodical searches. I try to do that but I'm easily distracted and wind up going in all different directions. I find my fair share but I'm sure I could be doing better. Have you tried going back over a field you've covered but at a different angle and if so what were your results?

NJ

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Yes, I've gone back over some of the places I've searched at a different direction, and didn't find much at all that I missed the first time. The method I use is in the following diagram. Since you only move over 3 steps at each end, you overlap some of the area that you covered coming up, and you find some things that you missed from the other way. It covers the area pretty thourgh.

Attachments

• Working a sports field.JPG
    Working a sports field.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 641
  • Working a sports field.JPG
    Working a sports field.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 624

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, you are even more thorough than I thought. I try to look at something on the other end to make sure I'm going straight but sometimes I will get distracted or lose my place.

Great ring you found...Congrats to you. You deserve it!

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Way to go on the Gold piggman1. And I'm glad your patent pending cover is working.

Thanks

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

Piggman, as always, if something is there I'm sure you'll find it. Congrats on the gold!!!
I hope you know you started a fight here at the old homestead. I showed mama that picture of the cross you found and gave to your mom last week. Mama's jaw dropped and her lips proceded to pucker out and in a meek voice she said " I want one, too " Would you mind going back out there and finding another one of thoes One Of A Kind Crosses for me. hehe
Stay safe brother.

Desertfox

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on the gold and nice amount of pocket change!!

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You had a busy day! I like the eagle button thing.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
I sell those covers for a mere, 3 easy payments of $19.95. Order in the next 10 minutes and I will throw in a second cover for free.
Desertfox, tell Mama it took me 35+ years to find that one. I would, but I just don't have the time.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o
Piggman. Mama says she'll send the Energizers ifin you'll look. hehe
Happy Hunting brother and stay safe.

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread