Found A Silver Two Days Ago...Found Something Else Today

SouthJerseyRyan

Jul 15, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 (10x14 Excelerator Coil) Garrett Pro-Pointer
You may remember I posted on Saturday with the exciting news of my first silver a 1942 Mercury Dime. However I made a very very very big rookie mistake, and had another "find" to take home. Apparently I encountered either Poison Ivy/Poison Sumac and developed a nasty nasty reaction. Every mucus membrane on my body has swelled (this includes my eye lids and my foreskin), I have rashes on my arms, hands, legs, fingers, face, and mouth. Let this be a friendly reminder that next time you go to find something detecting, make sure something doesn't find you!

Upvote 0

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
RMac1721 said:
You may remember I posted on Saturday with the exciting news of my first silver a 1942 Mercury Dime. However I made a very very very big rookie mistake, and had another "find" to take home. Apparently I encountered either Poison Ivy/Poison Sumac and developed a nasty nasty reaction. Every mucus membrane on my body has swelled (this includes my eye lids and my foreskin), I have rashes on my arms, hands, legs, fingers, face, and mouth. Let this be a friendly reminder that next time you go to find something detecting, make sure something doesn't find you!
:-\ eeek sorry to hear that!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Can't say that I've seen the word "foreskin" on Treasurenet before ;D. Small price to pay for that Merc.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I guess that is one of the dangers of hunting. I had that sumac and it is really difficult to get rid of it. A year later someone in my neighborhood was burning brush and must have had some sumac in it. I got a wiff of the smoke and BINGO!!! another reaction and round of itching. The doctor says that you can still get a reaction from the stuff if someone is burning it. It would have been better if it was the smoke from the pot pipe. Hope you recover quickly.
HH

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
halfdime said:
Can't say that I've seen the word "foreskin" on Treasurenet before ;D. Small price to pay for that Merc.

NO PICS PLEASE ;D

HH=Happy Healing

Nickel_B

OP
OP
SouthJerseyRyan

SouthJerseyRyan

Jul 15, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 (10x14 Excelerator Coil) Garrett Pro-Pointer
Thank you all for the well-wishes but unfortunately I will have to make a trip to the E.R. as the situation has worsened. I am more upset about the fact that I won't be able to MD for a week or two. :'(

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
NOT the foreskin! You have my deepest sympathy, and I wish you a speedy recovery, AND NO HANKY PANKY!

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ask the Dr to just do something about the iching, but leave the swelling! Good luck.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Like I've said before....you never know what you will find...some things not so good!! Hope you get better soon!!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
lol elvis !!!

very sorry to hear about that,, i've had it down below b4.....not much fun al all :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(......the shot will help muchly........

all the best,, rick.....

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Sorry to here about that.I also have poison Ivy.But not real bad,ive learned to look out for the 3 leaf creature!! lol...If you have it that bad,go get a shot!!..And the clothes you wore, that day put them ,in another basket!! shoes i would wash them to if you can!! The stuff spreads so ya may have to clean your key board / mouse . :'(. Ive had poison Ivy all the tiime, till i learned what to watch for,somtimes its hard to spot,but more likly, if your in the woods its there!''loves to vine up trees'' hope ya heal up soon....

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sorry to hear about your misfortune Rmac :( reminds me that there is some dangers out there when all of our attention is on our hobby

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
GaElvis said:
Did you ask the Dr to just do something about the iching, but leave the swelling! Good luck.

LOL no but Im sorry for you pain

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope all is well. I went out in the woods with my father inlaw and hunted a few areas and not thinking about anything I got a good signal and dropped to my knees and started diging. After a couple of minutes my father inlaw returned from a bathroom brake and asked me if I knew what poison oak looked like. I replied no and he told me I was crawling in and I should get up. Well me being from Phoenix, Arizona and never really left the city was educated that day. I went to the ER and got a shot in the butt and was told to take prenadone or something. All is well and I still have some sores but at least the iching went well. My signal was a nail. ;D Get well.

Bernie

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you have it bad >:(, hope you get to feeling better soon.

;) RR

Attachments

• Getwellsoon.gif
    Getwellsoon.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 201

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread