Finally got out again

S

shooter

After about three weeks I got out MDing again this past weekend. My son was out of school for a teacher workday Friday and we went to his Boy Scout camp which is about 1 mile from a civil war battlefield. We did not find any relics but we did find 16.00 in clad and 2 slids. Then we went to a farm 1/2 mile from the battlefield and finally found a 3 ring minnie, and one fired musket cap. wWe have looked this field a number of times before but did not fiend anything. {we have sole permission to hunt this farm for deer and relics.] we just found out about a week ago that a neighbor that I cut his grass[I do lawn maintance for a living] has just bought the 200 acres on the back side where all the treanches are. This land also borders the state battle grounds[which you cannot MD] Talked to him this morning and he said deer hunt and MD all you want.The only thing is the bounty hunter that i am using will not go deep enough in the woods.[What I found was in a plowed field.] So i guess i have to save up my money to get a whites DFX.I have heard that this is a great all around machine.Any comments?

Upvote 0

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
If you cannot go big in the detector department maybe you could go bigger coil on the BH. That is if you haven't already. They are cheap too. HH. Way cool on the new land to detect. I look forward to some find posts. HH.

CHRIS.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe for DEEP relics look into a troy X5 or a nautilus they are killer deep machines or the whites what ever you like look around! ;D

R

rvbvetter

shooter; You might want to check out this site www.metaldetectorreviews.net The reviews are all left by actual owners. Not some companies paid employee. There's multible reviews left for all the major brands and all the models of each brand. The owners rate their detectors on a 1 to 5 star rating. And say why. 5 star being the best. I bought my last 2 brands of detectors because of info. from this site. And wasn't dissapointed. Hope it'll help you.

M

minelabex1000

shooter said:
So i guess i have to save up my money to get a whites DFX.I have heard that this is a great all around machine.Any comments?

Minelab. ::)

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
You can'tgo wrong with the DFX, just be sure not to get ahead of yourself when starting out. The most important thing you can do is get Jeff Fosters book "Digging deeper with the DFX" it's a must read and explains things better than anything else. Do yourself another favor and get the 6x9 DD coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread