Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATED!!!! Found a bucket lister!!!!! Then lost it 10 minutes later

I'm so mad with myself right now it's not funny, I just got home and searched all over and can't find it, I went to a site that has been in the same family for over 100 years of a friend of mine that's got an old foundation on it and was searching the field edge when I got a low tone signal that was crisp and clear. Out popped an Indian, not just any Indian it was a fatty. That was the first I've ever found and I was excited! It looked like it was an 1860 and my oldest coin found detecting.. Man I was proud when I walked up to my 9 year old son and said " guess what budd I found a coin, a good one too!" Then I reached into my pocket and it was gone. I searched my footsteps for over an hour but never found it. Got home and searched everything....nothing.
Now I'm having a glass of bourbon and drowning my sorrows. Thanks for reading about my pain.
Kyle-

Last edited:
Upvote 18

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the bright side, you get to look for it again, after all it's all about the hunt. Sorry for your loss and congrats on your find

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Don't feel bad. We all have those stories. I'm a long time coin collector. Went to a coin show in Manchester NH a few years back and bought an 1899 Morgan dollar. Philly mint and it's one of the tough ones to find. I remember distinctly having a bit of trouble convincing the ex it was perfectly normal to spend $200 just to fill 1 hole in my book. Stuck it in my pocket and headed home. Stopped along the way for lunch and a couple of stores she wanted to check out and when I got home it was gone. No hope of finding it at that point. That was probably 7 or 8 years ago and the hole in my book is still empty..

OP
OP
Mifarmer

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went back this morning and used the small coil for about 45 minutes with no luck, then got out the other at pro with the big coil after walking 25 feet focusing around where I parked my truck yesterday I FOUND IT!!!!!! Yay! My daughter and I high fived and hugged, ( she's 4) and says dad I'm so proud of you for finding it again.
Of course I kept looking around and ended up finding a near perfect 1876 Indian also. What a day!
Thanks for all the good words fellas!
Kyle-

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of us feel your pain. This year I pulled a full cut-glass wax seal c.1750 and lost it. Then before I re-found it the owners pulled the permission.

**** happens

Guess you shouldn't have returned to look for it with that wheel loader! :laughing7:

Mifarmer - Happy Dance.gif

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks I found a silver quarter this year had it in my pocket when I stepped on a bee hive I haven't run that fast since I was a kid!!! Got stung 3 or 4 times never found the quarter and went back many times I have found pennies in the lining of my pocket a few times that I thought I lost well hope you find it!!!Happy New Year!!

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost my wedding band once detecting... went back next day and found it in gravel parking lot run over and pushed into gravel...lol ...don't think that measures up to finding a ring

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may have come out of your pocket when you pulled your keys out to leave. Also check your pocket to see if there is a hole in the bottom

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went back this morning and used the small coil for about 45 minutes with no luck, then got out the other at pro with the big coil after walking 25 feet focusing around where I parked my truck yesterday I FOUND IT!!!!!! Yay!

And now.......are you holding it with two hands? ;)

Congrats!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just now saw this post for the first time and was hoping you'd find it again. So glad you found it a second time, that's Awesome!!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading through the string when I came across the happy ending. Congratulations! Now, get it cleaned up and staple that sucker inside a flip. It will be much easier to find next time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread