FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi there all, I got off work a little early and I had about an hour and a half's worth of sunlight to burn, so I grabed the trusty BH Land Star and headed for one of my favorite sites. I was out there for about 30 mins, and all I was finding was rusty bits of iron and nails. One of the pieces of iron has a large "M" on it. I was starting to get irritated and was getting ready to head home, and I got a signal that read as a nickel. I started digging and I waved the coil over the hole, and there was no signal. I put it on Disc mode and searched the pile and there it was. I picked up the clump of dirt and poking out was a greenish looking round thing with a shield in the middle of it, and in the middle of the shield was the letter I. I knew what it was right off the bat. A Civil War Eagle I button. The weird thing about that is that it was found in Southern Indiana where there was no action at all. The button was found in 3 pieces, and it isnt in too good of shape, but none the less, its a nice button. HH!

Fox

Attachments

• 31405finds1.jpg
    31405finds1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 351
  • 31405finds2.jpg
    31405finds2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey wolf at least its not a pulltab ;)gold would be better but still COOL digs, relics on the half shell!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that button realy did take a beatin. Glad your getting out tho' Congrats

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a button is a button no matter how many peices it is in ;). nice dig

D

Darod

Some things are certain,.....it's old, you found it, and nobody has touched that stuff in at least a hundred years until you did :)

Now that's cool!

Rod

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
It looks like that site could use some pull tabs & beer bottle twist caps. Give me your shipping address & I'll see if I can help you out. Spotz

Congrats on the Button.

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
I found a civil war button here in Muncie, many hoosiers were volunteer malitia so it's not unusual to find civil war relics in old small towns. nice finds. HH Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread