Last hunt of 2016 and first of 2017 yields silver and buckles!!

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last hunt of 2016 and first hunt of the new year focused on a few homesites in the same area of an old village dating back to the 17th century, once a thriving community of mill workers before the land was deemed state property in the early 19th century for water resources. Found some absolutely beautiful shoe buckles dating back to 17-18th centuries along with some beautiful relics and coins including a 1926 Silver mercury dime, 1898 Barber Head dime that was made into a button(first and one of my coolest buttons so far) wish it had the shank! (2)1889 Indian Head pennies, 10 Wheats, a beautiful clip on brass Brooch(any info would be greatly appreciated), flat buttons, brass match case, piece of a silver bell, bullets, brass spoons and 4.00 in clad probably dropped by hunters and hikers over the years, and many other relics. 2017 is Definately off to a great start. Also please feel free to check out my new small page me and my small new group are starting where we post all of our finds https://m.facebook.com/RIRELICS/?ref=bookmarks share the history with others alike. HH!! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 7

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding way to end a year and usher in a new one!!

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going. Any idea what that lower thing is with the horseshoe? I've found a couple of them and have not clue.

OP
OP
B

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure they are old brakes for cairrage, they are always worn I've found dozens of them, made of solid brass.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice variety there Mikey boy..I am wondering the date on that sweet buckle frame..Colonial or maybe Victorian..?
Yes those are wagon brakes..That folding piece looks like it could have been maybe an early compass??

~Blaze

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, congrats on some nice finds!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the find end-of-the season and beginning hunts! Great omen for 2017! GL & HH

OP
OP
B

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! Blaze I'm thinking that or old clip on brooch, I'll have to show it to you in person.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread