OMG its real!!! 1 carat $4,000 - $5,000 retail

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
:o I thought this ring deserved an encore. As some of you know I dug this ring at the beach last night. This morning I took it down to a coin/jewelry shop near my house that buys diamonds.

The owner was eyeballing this thing pretty serious while his diamond tester warmed up. He said this is going to test real. I looked at the stone with a 30x scope last night and could find no carbon specs, it was so clear I really thought it might be fake. Finally he hit it with the tester and it confirmed his assessment, its real good lord!

I asked him what he thougt it was worth, he checked the color quick and said $4,000-$5,000 retail. $2,500-$3,000 is what he would pay. Given the type of establishment I was at a second opinion is probably in order but I was happy with that.

drc1.jpg

drc2.jpg

drc4.jpg

dr1.jpg

dr3.jpg

Upvote 0

TJPOPELKA

Jul 31, 2006
Escanaba, Mi
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/Minelab E-Trac
Super find! My wife keeps asking me when I am going to find her something like that-I try to explain if I had less honey do's and more time to hunt.....

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I'm happy it turned out to be the real deal for you.

Congratulations!

Ridley

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if it were mine I would have been coming home with the cash! Great find Charles, glad it was a real and a beauty to boot.

Don

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Beautiful! Sell it! Whoever lost it was probably devastated, but has been reimbursed, or will be, by her insurance company.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
That's why I said it was a Beautiful ring in the original topic. it is.

WTG.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring. When I found my second diamond I started investigated them. The only way to know the real cost, not wether they are real, is to have it appraised. The cost will be determined by cut, color, carat weight, and clarity. I will bet the appraisal will be in the range stated. But a written appraisal will help you get top dollar as well as keep you from being cheated. Also the cost of the appraisal should be based on the time needed to do the appraisal not the cost of the jewelry. Real nice one there.

Ed D.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow, way to go! This is the the ring I look for every trip. Great looking stone . Jewelers are like doctors or mechanics, when you find a good honest one, stick with them, but with anything major get a second oppinion.

Tek

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
WTG!!! That is what we all dream of! I found my first 14K white gold ring this morning. I was so excited. I looked inside for markings expecting to see 925 and was shocked to see 14K. It also says CZ but it is a beautiful ring anyway. Not as nice as this though!!!! Very happy for both of us today! Congrats.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great pics. Nice job. Still waiting to fing my first diamond ring. Way to go. Keep it up. That is one super duper find.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Take the money and run! ;D Great find. Not as "cool" as those old coins but I doubt you care about that now. ;D I think I would take that over a $500 colonial coin.

Bob

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
wow.

if I ever found something like that my wife would claim it immediately. She's been asking me for an upgrade for years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions