2016 Totals and Lots of Fun

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First year of metal detecting was an adventure!

Started in February playing around with the ACE 350. In April bought the AT PRO. Hit the ground hard all the way up to July. My wife and I were unemployed from May to August. I started a new job in august and did not get much in due to adjusting to a schedule of 3-5 12's a week. Finished Year out strong by end of November when the big snow hit.

I'll start with the stuff I found. Some were at ghost towns. Some were in parks. Some were home properties.
Silver Coins.jpg
I found 12 Silver Coins. Also threw the Eisenhower in that photo because it was cool. That crusty one at the bottom is a 1944 war nickel.

Rings.jpg
Here we have the rings. 2 Gold rings and 12 Silver. And some cool junk rings.

Necklace.jpg
Toy Car.jpg
Knife.jpg
Here are some of my favorite OTHERS. Hey! maybe I can compete with WHADIFIND on the lizard :laughing7:

Token relics and foreign.jpg
Top two coins are British Coins. A three pence and a penny. I also found a good luck token and a video game club token. In the middle I found a US suspender button and a 2 ring bullet both I assume WW1.

Meteorite.jpg
I found these rocks I believe to be meteorites. They came from a well known strewn field. This 6 pieces out of about 75 including a basketball sized rock that is very magnetic that looked like the Death Star so I kept it even if it ends up not being a meteorite. :laughing7:

I was given several Items and I bought several items using clad money. Here are my favorites:
Bottle.jpg
Aligator.jpg
Hatchet.jpg

Last but not least, I bought cabinets and added homemade display units and threw in most of my lifetime memorabilia such as scouting.
Cabinets.jpg

It was loads of fun and I hope to be able to do loads better now I don't have that initial learning curve. Granted there is still much to learn but I'm itching to get out and started. Just waiting for this snow to melt...

14457520_1125580257518046_4855414693228324397_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging all those keepers in 2016. :occasion14: I really like what someone did to that Peace Dollar before they lost it. That's a unique piece. :hello2:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great start to the hobby....you had a number of great finds....
I'm with Loco though....that Peace Dollar is the bomb.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Love the display cases you use for your finds! Here's hoping 2017 delivers even more discoveries! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread