AT Pro Test Run - Big Silver

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my second AT Pro and I totally forgot how deep it is using the small 5 x 8 inch DD search coil. I was nailing 7 and 8 inch deep wheat pennies with it. Some of the deep ones sounded like they were near the surface they rang out so loud and clear. I found 17 of them today.

I was working a permission today (a early forties home) when the man next door yelled out and asked if I was finding anything. I said not much, how about letting me detect your front yard. He was a little hesitant, so whipped out a couple of key chain lights and handed them to him. I was in like Flint.

Right off the bat I got a super loud audio response and a VDI #91 on the screen, a half dollar reading. I figured it was going to be a brass fitting or smashed aluminum can. Nope, it was 1943 Walking Liberty about 1 inch deep.

Anyway, a guy from across the street yelled out and asked if I found anything. I said yeah, come take a look. I showed him my Walker and talked with him for awhile. I said why don't you let me see what I can find in your yard? He said OK, so I reached in my pocket a pull out a couple of key chains lights and handed them to him. He really like them. I told him that I probably won't be able to get to his yard today and would have to come back at another date. He said anytime would be fine.

The guy's yard that I was detecting came back out and said that could detect his backyard If I wanted to. I headed straight to the old clothesline posts that were still standing and found a sterling ring and few more wheat pennies. I was wore out and my knee was acting up, so I called it a day. As I was leaving the owner said that he probably could get me permission to detect the yard next door. He said he'd let me know when he saw me back out there.

I made one last run between the curb and sidewalk where my SUV was parked and found a sterling bracelet and a huge 15 to 20 coin spill (mostly quarters and dimes. Too bad they weren't silver coins. LOL

tabman

Attachments

• AT Pro Big Silver 001.JPG
    AT Pro Big Silver 001.JPG
    629.3 KB · Views: 134
  • AT Pro Big Silver 003.JPG
    AT Pro Big Silver 003.JPG
    304.8 KB · Views: 145
  • AT Pro Big Silver 004.JPG
    AT Pro Big Silver 004.JPG
    586.4 KB · Views: 135
  • AT Pro Big Silver 006.JPG
    AT Pro Big Silver 006.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 131
  • AT Pro Big Silver 007.JPG
    AT Pro Big Silver 007.JPG
    612.9 KB · Views: 121
  • AT Pro Big Silver 008.JPG
    AT Pro Big Silver 008.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 131
  • AT Pro Big Silver 016.JPG
    AT Pro Big Silver 016.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 151
  • AT Pro Big Silver 011.JPG
    AT Pro Big Silver 011.JPG
    439 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 30

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds, I love my AT Pro and the 5 x 8 coil. Good Luck

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya killed again my man!....
6 months out from my last big silver....Jeesh.... I miss that feeling!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT PRO is serving you well. That 5 × 8 coil is an excellent tool and surprisingly goes just as deep as the stock 8 x 11.
Very well done. Love the Walker, and the 2 pieces of sterling
Congratulations

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tab, you smooth talker! Way to work the contact.

Autocorrect confused me for a second. I thought to myself "Flint? Even the people in Flint don't want to be in like Flint... Ohhhh Flynn!" LOL

There are two versions, Earl Flynn and Our Man Flint Movies staring James Coburn (an American spinoff off of the James Bond Movies) was the one that I was referring to. I am in fact a natural born salesman.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT PRO is serving you well. That 5 × 8 coil is an excellent tool and surprisingly goes just as deep as the stock 8 x 11.
Very well done. Love the Walker, and the 2 pieces of sterling
Congratulations

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I was using the Pro Zero mode and was able to use full sensitivity without any chatter. I auto ground balanced at 85 and reduced it manually to 80. It ran really smooth, but screamed out when it went over a coin.

tabman

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the finds and all those awesome permissions! Love the Walker, my only silver half is also a 43 Walker...omg...that TONE!! Big silver just screams "DIG ME NOW!" Lol..At this point after a couple full seasons with my ATP, I can usually tell you what is under my coil..between the tone, VDI number and finally and most importantly...the signature, or profile of the target. But i still dig as much trash as everyone else...ha. Congrats on your great finds...im looking forward to your future posts...ddf

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the great silver and coin hunt! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling a few screamers tabman, :occasion14: Where did you get all those key chains?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling a few screamers tabman, :occasion14: Where did you get all those key chains?

Thanks! You have to make sure that your total order is over $50 dollars after any discount code coupons to get the free shipping. I used a 15% one. You don't have to buy all key chain lights to get the free shipping. They have great prices on batteries etc. BTW, these are some of the better key chain lights on the market. There are cheaper ones, but they're not near the quality of these. You can call them and maybe get the same deal on some black ones if you prefer that color over the clear body ones.

These are the ones that you want: Titanium Innovations LED Keylight 10-Pack - Clear Body with White LED

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! I recently had my first hunt with the 5x8 coil on my AT Pro and was surprised at the depth and target separation. I can't wait to get back out there and really see how far I can go with it.

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call that a super day, sure beats my musketball & axe head :thumbsup:

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
That was a great hunt, loads of silver and permissions lined up to boot :headbang:

HH,
Cal

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a Army Air Force "sweetheart jewelry" bracelet, WWII I found one of those, great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread