Andrew Jackson President 1829 button just dug!

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday I hunted a field with my buddy Calabash Digger, one we have hunted a few times in the past, recovering pre civil war buttons, coins and some other relics. On this hunt, I got a faint signal on my Deus which turned out to be a flat button and just stuck it my pocket without checking the backmark--no big deal right?:laughing7: Well at the end of the hunt I asked Scott to check the backmark (no reading glasses on me) and was thrilled to find out I had just dug the 3rd Jackson button in the last 12 years:icon_thumleft:
The previous two Jackson buttons were found within 10 miles of yesterdays button!
HH--Keith
2017aj.jpg 3aj.jpg

Upvote 25

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great button! Congrats and thanks for sharing. That is the first I've seen.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You killed it with that one my friend! Heres a video link go to about 2 minutes 30 seconds and you can see him dig it live.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool button Keith, I've never found one of those. Old Hickory must have held a campaign rally in the area (LOL). I've never understood why a lot of the patriotic and political buttons from that specific period had the message on the back of a plain flat button. The Jackson's Victory and the E Pluribus Unum are two others that come to mind.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow! great lucky

OP
OP
SC Keith

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool button Keith, I've never found one of those. Old Hickory must have held a campaign rally in the area (LOL). I've never understood why a lot of the patriotic and political buttons from that specific period had the message on the back of a plain flat button. The Jackson's Victory and the E Pluribus Unum are two others that come to mind.
Steve I have heard that the reason the buttons have a plain face was that is was the fashion of the period, a more reserved style in contrast to the 18th century showy-gaudy style. Kind of hard to advertise on the back of a button!
Keith

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are some excellent buttons! I've seen a few on Tnet, but those are in great condition. I've seen the gold gilt type so I wonder if they also made plain brass? Congrats on a remarkable find

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic three button finds! :notworthy:

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Buttons!!! In the Alberts blue Book they have a RV 200 status. That's Rare.... and in that condition those buttons should be on the Banner .....Keep on Digging!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree should have made banner.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a killer button. Congrats.

Such nice condition for almost being 200 years old... and you got a few of them.

Wow, just wow.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys had fun and a good day.Always better when you have a hunting partner and can video the hunts. Congrats on button #3 that is awsome.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. I found my first one recently so not super rare if I found it. LoL. Yours would display a lot better than mine though

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a STRANGE question. Since that writing is on the BACK of the button that nobody really sees, what is on the front??

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
...--no big deal right?:laughing7: ....

No big deal ? Anytime I dig a 1-piece flat gilt button, I'm happy. It means you're in the right strata/zone/site for wickedly early coins. Congrats, and great pix. Thanx for showing !

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow look at the shape of that! This one is on the bucket list for sure! This is just a guess but maybe they put it on the back because they didn't want people knowing who they supported back then. Campaigns that are more familiar to what we have now didn't really come around until Jackson. Before it was unbecoming to openly campaign for president. Great find!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find I wish I had that kind of history here I love that kind of find that it was lost and that moment of history frozen in the ground until you dug it up Thanks for sharing it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread