Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mentioned in my last post that I would be leaving the Baltimore City parks for a time and trying a new spot in the county. With the snow holding off 'til late morning I headed out. First coin of the day was a 1972 memorial. Along the way I dug a length of chain, shotgun headstamp, lock part, and then another memorial, a 1959D.

Couldn't hunt the corn fields since the stubble was so high, so I stuck to the road through the fields and dug a shallow target that turned out to be a token for the Garden State Parkway. I found out later that these were last made by NJ in 2002 and were last redeemable at the end of 2008. Heading down to where I parked the truck I got a banging signal that turned out to be an entire horse bridle, so there's lots of brass in the form of rings and buckles; this was very shallow, so it is a modern drop.

Headed into another field and got into an area with iron signals and finally dug my first relic of the day, a flat button with shank missing. From that same area came a piece of lead that was as deep as the flat button.

I moved on to yet another field and saw there was a prominence there, so I thought, "maybe a good site for a home?". Well, not long after searching there I get this repeatable 85 on the F75 and dig down 7 to 8 inches to find a large cent, 1832!

You'll notice the piece of brass with stamped letters FRENCH ICE. If I told you what that really is, you'd figure out where I was detecting.
Finds.jpg LC1832.jpg Other Finds.jpg

Check out the dig on the largie.

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the LC McCDig. :occasion14: I am surprised that no Indians showed up during the hunt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coin and relic finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx L-D. Other than the LC, I dug two memorials on the back acreage, then that token.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Professor! It was good to get some relics. Figured they had to be there, just wasn't sure where to begin looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread