Daveracity

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2017
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a AT Gold 2 weeks ago and hit the local parks and playgrounds. Found some clad and learned a bit about the detector.

Then I researched the field on the other side of the wall in my new subdivision and found out there were some buildings there in the 30's about a half mile north of my house. Went over there last night and found this about 1/2 inch below the surface. Also found 4 pennies from the 40-50's. half the fun was doing the research and then confirming it.

1937 s half dollar.

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 27

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FELLA DOSENT MESS AROUND. DANG NICE FIND , AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first silver find. Mine was a roosie and I was thrilled with that. I bet your hands were shalking with the walker

guardez

Apr 19, 2014
SEMO
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 Pro Pack ,Tesoro DeLeon, Outlaw, Compadre,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent first silver. This means lots of good finds for the future. Just give this half a rub every time you go on a hunt and the
luck will be with you. Hope you find some gold coins. Keep us posted. Welcome to the site.
Best of Luck and HH.
Steve Guardez

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!!!! Welcome to tnet keep up the great finds this is a very addicting hobby Thanks for sharing your finds!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling a silver so soon into the hobby. :occasion14: Nothing like hearing a screamer and pulling a pretty walker. Research can increase your odds of finding older coins and relics, but sometimes luck comes into play.

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find! You and I are in a small group of people who get that kind of silver as their first! Keep on going because I see more in your future!

OP
OP
D

Daveracity

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2017
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back out there this afternoon and found two Roosevelt dimes that are silver but I can't read the dates. Also four more wheat pennies.

Any advice on cleaning them up enough to read the dates? I did a little research and have them soaking in olive oil and tried using a toothpick. Doesn't seem like that is going to do anything.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net!!
That's just wrong!! Lol Three years later and I'm still looking for my first Walker.
Congrats on a Sweet first silver coin!!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
POW! Now you'll dig all the crushed soda cans! :laughing7:

Well done.

Keep at it and bring home some more.

Good hunting.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back out there this afternoon and found two Roosevelt dimes that are silver but I can't read the dates. Also four more wheat pennies.

Any advice on cleaning them up enough to read the dates? I did a little research and have them soaking in olive oil and tried using a toothpick. Doesn't seem like that is going to do anything.

Lemon juice is better on silver.

fredbug 67

Oct 12, 2013
Mahwah,NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -XP Deus-
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice start to your addiction! I have not found a Walker yet. Good luck in future finds.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other

I can't get a date from a toasted coin I'll start with Dawn and a toothpick. If a toothpick isn't enough I'll use a metal pick (like a dental pick) to carefully scrape away the concretions until I can barely make out the last number or two. That's just me. Others probably have less harsh techniques.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's quite the first silver- mine was a Rosie. Congrats on the great start!

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread