Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out today for 3 hours; dodging the rain the whole time.

Found a couple of trinkets; nothing really noteworthy. I do like finding the occasional trinket when in digging tons of pulltabs. The oldest coin is 61' penny.

This site has potential for some jewelry I think..

The junk ring was one of my first couple of targets; I could see that silver color and then the rust. Next time.

Oh yeah.. the clown is a little keychain thingy from Circus Circus..

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484788233.388019.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484788308.915549.jpg

Upvote 7

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
I have a love/hate relationship for when that ring sits in the plug looking all shiny, only to show it's corrosion once you take it out. They can't be junk all the time though.

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a love/hate relationship for when that ring sits in the plug looking all shiny, only to show it's corrosion once you take it out. They can't be junk all the time though.

Honestly... I'm completely thrilled when I dig a pull tab target and it "ain't " a pull tab.. between the old pull tabs and the new pull tabs I pretty much have to dig everything. Cause the ring everywhere between 25 and 50.. hey, we all want a silver ring every time; I'll take that old crusty ring along with the rest.

The worst is digging a fake gold ring.. that is a little Debbie downer!

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds you have and there should be precious metal in there sooner or later. If the clown was a Ringling Brothers , it would be a prize. Keep thinking, class ring. It took me 20 trips to get my only silver ring.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad I just love to detect cause every dig could be a great find that's the fun of the hobby I like to go in the rain No one is around I hit some of the busier parks Thanks for sharing hope to see some jewelry from you soon!!!!!!!!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IS THAT A INJUN PEACE PIPE....

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not bad I just love to detect cause every dig could be a great find that's the fun of the hobby I like to go in the rain No one is around I hit some of the busier parks Thanks for sharing hope to see some jewelry from you soon!!!!!!!!

I don't mind the rain.. it's just the fact that my high dollar rig isn't water resistant.. why is my 20 dollar timex waterproof and my 1000.00 dollar detector is not?? Fisher and every other machine should be water resistant!!! For Christ sakes; it's a outdoor tool. All you manufacturers should do it right; you have been doing it wrong long enough!!!

Rant over..

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IS THAT A INJUN PEACE PIPE....

I think there was certainly a Native American presence in this area. So; it's possible!?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the AT pro waterproof and the grey ghost headphones Ive seen they sell covers for your detector I bet you could wrap the housing in plastic just while your hunting never tried it but seems do able just a thought!!!!!!! I hear ya though seems they would at these high prices be waterproof!!!!!!

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the AT pro waterproof and the grey ghost headphones Ive seen they sell covers for your detector I bet you could wrap the housing in plastic just while your hunting never tried it but seems do able just a thought!!!!!!! I hear ya though seems they would at these high prices be waterproof!!!!!!

I agree.. should be at the very least water resistant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread