Colonial Relics, Two Piece military button, Interesting whatzits, and maybe gold!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am running a tad behind since the start of the new year with posting my finds. So i will post the few first hunts of the year and finish taking pics of the finds from the last two weeks later. Did some more sifting with VMI at our colonial site because we thought we had run out of targets. Couldn't have been more WRONG (Trump voice). We went back to an area in which we have scoured for the last few months and started to get signals again while we ran our machines wide open. Every once in awhile we would hear a tiny chirp in between the iron grunts and you'd only hear it going in one direction. So here are some of those finds.

First up the buttons! few flat buttons (one with really nice gilt on the back), my first intact ball button and its a tiny one at that, and a really nice Marine button from around the time of the Spanish American War. At first i thought it was for sure CW period because it had the same look as my Confed Officer button from the same site, but the back mark and Mr. Leigh say different. Got me going tho thats for sure.

DSCF0410.JPG DSCF0413.JPG DSCF0414.JPG DSCF0416.JPG DSCF0417.JPG DSCF0418.JPG DSCF0419.JPG

Was able to dig a musket ball and surprisingly my first 3 ringer!

DSCF0420.JPG DSCF0421.JPG DSCF0422.JPG

We keep digging up these old brass casings...not sure how old they are. I'm going to post them on what is it and see if someone (prolly cannonball guy) can id them but they look like .54 cal maybe.

DSCF0423.JPG DSCF0424.JPG

random assortment of finds here. Furniture tac, shark tooth, pipe stem, shell edge/feather edge, weird copper thingy (maybe some kind of medical tool or something), A piece of lead with 3 holes in it not sure if it was crafted into a button or what, and a Brass thing my guess is either a shucker or a top of a cane.

DSCF0426.JPG DSCF0428.JPG DSCF0429.JPG DSCF0430.JPG DSCF0431.JPG

This might be the oldest glass bottle i have found so far. It was about a foot and a half deep wedged between some bricks. It came out in three four pieces but it looks to be really old. VMI thinks it might be colonial and i tend to agree.

DSCF0432.JPG DSCF0433.JPG DSCF0434.JPG DSCF0435.JPG

last thing i'll post on this one is this bracelet i found on the coast. It has written in cursive "Kathy". Im thinking it is either just brass or 10k maybe. Thanks for looking as always. Good luck out there! PS make sure you check out VMI's post he has a few killer finds as always...finds that were about 10 feet away from me of course..

DSCF0438.JPG

Upvote 19

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread