Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My day began with a trip to my LCS. I took a portion of my 2016 clad monies and purchased Eagles for 5 grandkids, 1 great-grandkid and myself. I also filled a spot in my Barber dime collection.

0119 2016 Clad to Silver.jpg

After running some household errands, I finally shook off 2+ weeks of inactivity and broke out the search and rescue equipment.........I was the one rescued today.........I spent an hour at a new permission, an hour at an old permission and 20 minutes at a tot lot...........

0119 Keepers.jpg

This has to rank up there with one of my better silver days........2 War nickels ('44P, '45P), a '47 Rosie and a small sterling charm...........
The Wheat is a 35 and is the 6th on the year. I found 5 on Jan. 3rd when I hunted my childhood home (a one time permission).

0103 Keepers.jpg

I only managed a small part of the yard, but did pull one of my boyhood toys.........the hammer head!!

As always, thanks for lookin' in and hope your weather is kind to your hunting efforts................

Upvote 15
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the silver purchase! Your hunt looked like a fun one with some cool finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silver eagles I buy those also I get the ones that are like 80 to 100 that are moy signed or first strike hoping they will be more valuable some day Ive managed to save all my clad in mason jars but the wife is hinting at cashing them in after all she and the kids got me a coin tumbler for Christmas ??? Nice finds also Ill be getting out this weekend high 40s Thanks for the great post!!!!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. I like that Tootsie Toy car, and the silver you were able to purchase from your clad finds.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to see clad flipped to a great investment....
So, great digs....but the ballplayer guy....can you tell who it is?, I can't tell from the pic...

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silver purchase! Your hunt looked like a fun one with some cool finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

It was nice weather and a joy to get out again, Doc........the finds were just a bonus. The Eagles are a family tradition for the grandkids. It's great to pay for them from clad finds. Thanks...............

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silver eagles I buy those also I get the ones that are like 80 to 100 that are moy signed or first strike hoping they will be more valuable some day Ive managed to save all my clad in mason jars but the wife is hinting at cashing them in after all she and the kids got me a coin tumbler for Christmas ??? Nice finds also Ill be getting out this weekend high 40s Thanks for the great post!!!!!

Thanks, Tommy. LOL......I think that "gift" of a tumbler was calculated!! Sure hope you have some good fortune this weekend!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. I like that Tootsie Toy car, and the silver you were able to purchase from your clad finds.

Thanks, Trezurehunter........it's the 1st Toostie I've found that had the trademark.
The clad finds are always welcomed........they have financed the equipment, upgrades, batteries and all the coins/silver for my collection..............
What a great hobby!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see clad flipped to a great investment....
So, great digs....but the ballplayer guy....can you tell who it is?, I can't tell from the pic...

Thanks, Dave......I really enjoy turning the clad into silver gifts for the grandkids and stacking a little for myself.
The player is Blue Jays (at the time) John Olerud..........one of the last players to flirt with a .400 average for a season (1993). The date on the back is 1990..........

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yea....he always wore a goofy batting helmet, in fact, I think he wore it while playing first base.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea....he always wore a goofy batting helmet, in fact, I think he wore it while playing first base.

Yep.....he did wear his helmet in the field!! I had forgotten that............

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of finds! :icon_thumright:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling those 4 silvers in one hunt Chizzy. As for your limited hunt at your boyhood home, I bet you enjoyed that hunt even though you didn't pull big treasure. I imagine you had some fond memories playing in your head that day.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on pulling those 4 silvers in one hunt Chizzy. As for your limited hunt at your boyhood home, I bet you enjoyed that hunt even though you didn't pull big treasure. I imagine you had some fond memories playing in your head that day.

Thanks, Loco-Digger. It was.......mesmerizing pulling 3/1 silvers.......sure hope it continues tomorrow!!
Boy, the hunt at the old homestead was a thrill. You are right about the memories that came flooding back........baseball, lightning bugs, climbing the apple tree (no longer there), growing watermelons, putting on shows with the neighborhood kids...........wow. Have to admit, it did cut into my detecting time and concentration...........
But......I did pull a treasure.......I got my old miniature hammer back!! Dad would use his and I used mine...............

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had an excellent day.
Congrats on the silver purchases, the silver finds, and just getting out.
I also like the Tootsie Toy.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great day Chizz! Was just thinking that I've not dug a war nickel in a while...so cool! Kudos for spreading the wealth, my kids think detecting and coins are fuddy-duddy lol...in fact, my teenage daughter has actually asked me not to hunt her school grounds while she's there..ha! I'm thinking of getting a straw hat, suspenders and detecting the school with a shirt that says "TAYLORS DAD"...great post...ddf

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DDF Thanks for the great idea I can hear My Daughters say o my godddaaahhh whyyyyaaaa stopppaaaa the new teen talk Hy shirt will say looking for samanthas retainer LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions