SandPyrat

Greenie
Jan 18, 2017
St. Augustine
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Low tide detecting at Butler beach. Think I'm starting to find the "zones" where the metal falls. Just not any good stuff. All was found today except the ladle on the far right, found two days prior. Who'd thunk kitchenware would be so popular?Hitting it again at the morning low tide tomorrow. The scissors were found at the lip of the low tide mark. Most everything else was found mid-way(ish) between high and low tide. Doesn't seem to be much way down by/in the water at the L.T. mark. Some of the pull tabs were 8-10" deep.

IMG_7382.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 5

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet The goodies will come keep at it and keep posting your finds ... Good luck and happy hunting!!!!!

OP
OP
SandPyrat

SandPyrat

Greenie
Jan 18, 2017
St. Augustine
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks - I did find a quarter from Belize (Belizian - I didn't know they had their own money?) last week and that's what got me hooked. For an exciting 30 seconds, until I saw "1987" I thought I had found some kind of old silver coin.

IMG_7326.JPG IMG_7327.JPG

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny evrytime I find a foreign coin it looks like some super old super rare coin for that brief moment or one of those gold tokens or dollars quick heart stoppers Tell you what wait till you find silver coins rings old relics you will be more and more hooked always save your first find good momento!!!!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff lol...I'm sure the ladles were from the kids building sand castles and the scissors was Granny multi-tasking with her knitting and tanning...welcome to the forums and welcome to our sickness called "detecting"...keep swinging! ...ddg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread