Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No button expert here...but I knew that one was special what I saw it...congrats on an excellent find..voted banner...ddf

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one awesome button with a lot of history behind it.. Congrats.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is one beautiful button, congratulations! :occasion14:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of all things to slip off the page....not on my watch

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, AT PRO, XP DEUS,CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to clean the button. I let it soak in some lemon juice and went over it with a Q-Tip just to get the mud and dirt off of it. I didn't want to touch it with anything abrasive. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485033548.852672.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485033561.890201.jpg

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Rattlesnake Button. I know the feeling of digging one of those and it's incredible. Please DON'T rush to sell it until you've had time to really think about it. I sold mine, and even though I received a very fair price, I would buy it back for double what I was paid if given the chance. Mine is now posted on the GW Inaugural Button website that was previously linked to in this thread, but here is a link to my original T-Net post about mine:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...al-finds-silver-buttons-more.html#post3034518

Be extremely careful should you decide to clean it. Short, gentle baths of lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide are what brought back the silver wash on mine. You're looks to be in great shape. PM me if you want me to put you in contact with some people who I consider experts in cleaning, preservation, and may even be able to help locate buyers if you're interested.

It looks though the current owner of the one I dug is looking to sell, here is a link to an auction for it to give you and idea of an upper-end value for a button like yours:
V.Rare American Rattlesnake Button- Rev Revolutionary War-Silver-Massachusetts | eBay

Great find, I hope to see it up top soon.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I decided to clean the button. I let it soak in some lemon juice and went over it with a Q-Tip just to get the mud and dirt off of it. I didn't want to touch it with anything abrasive. View attachment 1405027 View attachment 1405028

I didn't see this before my last post. Well done on the cleaning. I think yours might be the new finest known example of this button. I've been told mine was and had never seen a better one, until today! Again, congratulations and relish the feeling!

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Rattlesnake Button. I know the feeling of digging one of those and it's incredible. Please DON'T rush to sell it until you've had time to really think about it. I sold mine, and even though I received a very fair price, I would buy it back for double what I was paid if given the chance. Mine is now posted on the GW Inaugural Button website that was previously linked to in this thread, but here is a link to my original T-Net post about mine:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...al-finds-silver-buttons-more.html#post3034518

Be extremely careful should you decide to clean it. Short, gentle baths of lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide are what brought back the silver wash on mine. You're looks to be in great shape. PM me if you want me to put you in contact with some people who I consider experts in cleaning, preservation, and may even be able to help locate buyers if you're interested.

It looks though the current owner of the one I dug is looking to sell, here is a link to an auction for it to give you and idea of an upper-end value for a button like yours:
V.Rare American Rattlesnake Button- Rev Revolutionary War-Silver-Massachusetts | eBay

Great find, I hope to see it up top soon.

Is it ok to PM you? I have some questions...

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did I miss this post?? I love the patriotic rattlesnake buttons having dug two of the 13 stars with encircling rattlesnake types. Yours is in great condition with the stand up shank and the silver wash intact. You did a great job cleaning it from the looks of it. It is definitely a BANNER find and my vote is going in now!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see this before my last post. Well done on the cleaning. I think yours might be the new finest known example of this button. I've been told mine was and had never seen a better one, until today! Again, congratulations and relish the feeling!
Pete Eles dug a very nice example of the snake and eggs button in South Carolina about 12 years ago. I know he sold it and got 4 figures, but as I recall it was perfect. The auction asking price on your button is the "I don't want to sell" price!

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did I miss this post?? I love the patriotic rattlesnake buttons having dug two of the 13 stars with encircling rattlesnake types. Yours is in great condition with the stand up shank and the silver wash intact. You did a great job cleaning it from the looks of it. It is definitely a BANNER find and my vote is going in now!
That was my fault, the title of the post was good weather = good finds, i had no idea the button i found was so rare so it was mixed in with my other finds. Because the button is not in the title, i think it sunk to the bottom. I reposted it as an update but people were telling me it got moved because it wasn't "todays finds" my fault...

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was my fault, the title of the post was good weather = good finds, i had no idea the button i found was so rare so it was mixed in with my other finds. Because the button is not in the title, i think it sunk to the bottom. I reposted it as an update but people were telling me it got moved because it wasn't "todays finds" my fault...

If you found it in 2017 then that is close enough to today for me.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, wow, that cleaned up something beautiful. What a treat to see...so few of them are found. A huge (if belated) congrats to you, PhillyMike.

Arrrgh!! x2 for me missing this post over my winter break and for it not being up top. Actually a third "arrgh" for the thread dropping away so quickly. What the deuces???

Thanks DirtyPockets for bringing this post back up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions