Found IPhone S - Returned

MetalsMan777

Jun 26, 2014
Detector(s) used
150, Pin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1/15/17 - Went to the bar last Sunday, while waiting for friends came across an iPhone, car keys & lighter outside the bar, on the ground on the street near the curb. Got excited until find out there is nothing really can do with it. (cant sell it) Find the persons drivers license in the back of the phone casing & put it all in an envelope & dropped it off in the persons mailbox. Got a text next day saying thanks. (sorry no pictures, was a nice phone though)

Last edited:
Upvote 7

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos! I lost my wallet this summer while traveling..left it on the plane and have never heard anything...im sure you made their day! Ddf

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kudos to you for doing the right thing, you banked some karma.

OP
OP
MetalsMan777

MetalsMan777

Jun 26, 2014
Detector(s) used
150, Pin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think I found this phone about 2-3 weeks ago. Garbage picked a Samsung Galaxy J7 thrown away with a few other old phones. It needed to be charged and reset. Like you can see in this thread I've returned phones I've found before depending on circumstances, this phone was found in the trash and is functioning as normal. I consider it a good find as it is a 150.00 phone brand new and I consider it a "finders-keepers" as it had been thrown in the trash.
View attachment 1722755
View attachment 1722756

Last edited:

Rum Tide

Apr 28, 2019
The Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Yukon Coin Hustler II, Vibra-Tector 740, Pulse Dive (2), Equinox 600, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a Samsung Galaxy S10e phone at a local popular public beach here on the Treasure Coast. It was unlocked. The owner purchased it 2 weeks ago and was down here visiting her daughter. I am now welcomed to bring my detector to search the property of their home in rural Michigan (Built in 1870)

2019-05-08 13.23.44.jpg

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. Great Karma ahead ! Last Fall, I found the wallet of a man who lives in Florida. (I live in Illinois where I found it), and was able to track him down here in Illinois at his son's house where he was visiting. I have been making some great finds with my metal detector ever since ! Glad you did the right thing.

OP
OP
MetalsMan777

MetalsMan777

Jun 26, 2014
Detector(s) used
150, Pin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6/18/19 - Bizarre story that just happened now.. dropped my wallet outside 7/11, usually am pretty good at finding stuff and backtracking, turned the bike around & went back to the store after a couple blocks, dont see it, went inside the store & asked the clerk, he says nothing has been turned in, I stood there and while we were talking a homeless man came in & said he found this wallet outside the door, I said God bless ya, my man, handed him 3.00 right away and thanked him, wish could've given him more.. 100% true story.

OP
OP
MetalsMan777

MetalsMan777

Jun 26, 2014
Detector(s) used
150, Pin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7/28/20 - Found another samsung galaxy phone, returned it about an hour later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread