More Silver Coins Today

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Early this morning I went back to a site that I've pounded numerous times to see if I could find another silver coin using the Nokta Fors CoRe. Not much left, but I did manage to get a deep Rosie. After digging the Rosie I went back over the hole in all metal to see if there was any masking. There was, so that's probably why I missed it before.

After leaving there I went to work some curb and sidewalk strips. While doing so a guy came by walking his pit bull dog and we struck up a conversation and talked for awhile. Long story short he lives on the next street over and I got permission to detect his yard. I gave him a key chain light to seal the deal.

While finishing up working a section of curb and sidewalk, I noticed a guy down the street who repeatedly walked up and down his driveway. Not just a few times but scores of times. His home was located on a large corner cove lot. My kind of dream lot to detect.

I drove down the street, parked in front of his house, got out and introduced myself. I could tell right off that his elevator didn't go to the top floor, but he seemed to be a super nice guy. I told him that I bet anything that there are some silver coins on the very corner of his lot that some kids lost years ago and I'd love to go over that area with my metal detector. He said that would be fine with him, so I gave him a key chain light. That put a big smile on his face.

Just as I figured, 2 of the silver coins were where thought they would be. Surprisingly, they weren't deep at all. The other one on the other side of the house was a little deeper. I also managed to find 7 wheat pennies and some clad coins.

On my way home, I stop by the guy's house that had the pit bull dog and told him that I was too wore out to do anymore detecting today and asked if it would be alright to come back on another day. He said that would be fine with him.

tabman

Attachments

• Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 001.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 001.JPG
    758.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 003.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 003.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 004.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 004.JPG
    699.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 007.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 007.JPG
    311.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 008.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 008.JPG
    686.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 009.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 009.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 011.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 011.JPG
    633.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 013.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 013.JPG
    309.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 019.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 019.JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 014.JPG
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Rosie & Merc 014.JPG
    467.4 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 20
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tabman, you are killing it on the silver this year! :notworthy:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Tabman...leave some for the rest of us! Lol...you are killing it! When I read "pit bull" my heart dropped all I could think was it ate your machine...ha. but they're great pets, we had one, he was a big softie. Great job on the permissions, I have had the best luck in town...seems the smaller the yard, the more it holds...congrats, ddf.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool silver finds and loved the stories about gaining permission. :icon_thumleft:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Job well done- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Everyone! I'm rained in today and I'm taking full advantage of it by resting up for another hunt. Those little key chain lights make great thank you gifts. After all, someone who doesn't even know you lets you dig in their yard should be rewarded for their kindness. The ones from the Battery Junction are the best. Get your total order up to $50 dollars and the shipping is free. Just make sure that you check free shipping at check out. They have great deals on batteries etc. and keep an eye out for discount code coupons, because they usually have a deal going on all time.

tabman

Last edited:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work Tab

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So what is your silver coin goal for this season? 250 seems about right. You are a silver slayer tabman. I always enjoy reading your posts. Were you ever a salesman?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread