paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredibly the ground fully thawed this weekend, so I spent about 5.5 hours today gridding the field where I found the 1/2 reales. Oddly I didn't find a single coin, but there was no shortage of relics.

DSC08745.JPG

The hatchet blade and brass bell are my favorites. There were two bells of different designs in different spots along the field, but in the general area that I think was the barn. Unsurprisingly one was very beat up by the plows over the years, but somehow the other one has barely a scratch and still rings! I can't find a makers mark though; any idea on the age of them?

DSC08749.JPG

I did find two buttons; one a fairly standard 1820's flat, but the other is a beautiful silver-plated two piece. I also found a silver plated spoon handle and two silver plated buckles. The hinge looking piece is solid copper and I'm wondering if it came off of a chest latch since it doesn't look like it belonged on a door.

DSC08747.JPG DSC08748.JPG DSC08750.JPG

The last interesting note is that the clock parts appear to be from two different clocks. Both have visible makers marks:

"MFG. By The Ansonia Clock Co New York US of America Pat April 17 1888"

"The E Ingraham Company Bristol Conn US"

I'm sure there's more down there, but the lack of coins is odd. Not sure if I'm just missing them between the iron signals or if there weren't many to begin with. The only three I've found in this field are the 1773 1/2 Reales, 1827 LC, and an 1862 IHP. Kind of a weird spread. :dontknow:

Upvote 5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread