verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well after all the controversy surrounding missing emails, Russian hackers, the mystery is solved. My buddy Dave and I were out hunting and Dave found the hard drive. Buried 10 inches, between 2 small buildings that housed mining explosives.
215aaceb2649d26c594f4b69b75ad879.jpg

OK, so it's probably NOT the missing email hard drive! It is kinda intriguing. Makes me wonder whats on it that someone doesn't want anyone to find and why they decided to just bury way out in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Upvote 4

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Dang - find a friend that plays with PC's and ask him (or her) to clean it up and plug that puppy in! The internals are protected. Let us know what you find! :)

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The circuit boards are destroyed and there is no way to just plug it in. This drive is close to 20 years old. It likely has something on it that I don't want to see. I once pulled a PC out of the trash. I would rebuild them and then give them away. I got it home, and was shocked when it fired up. Thinking it might be easy to just clean it up and give it away as is, I found some disturbing images and took it right back to where I found it.

This drive would need to have the platters removed.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Actually you MIGHT be able to get it to work. As said the internal disks are protected. All you would need to do is look on fee-bay for a drive exactly the same. Buy it and replace the circuit board. You would then be able to see most the information if the drive was any good. The parts you wouldn't be able to see is the mapping of the bad sectors hidden by the manufacturer because every drive is different.

No matter what is on a hard drive all you have to do is wipe it clean and reinstall a new operating system. A low level format would make it so nothing is recoverable. I sold many many used computers when I owned a computer shop.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The crazy thing is that I actually have some old IDE computers in the basement and I could probably pull it off.

It makes me so curious as to what someone is hiding on that drive that they buried it.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It's got Jimmy Hoffa's burial site, the answer to Oak Island, a map to the Lost Dutchman's mine, the lat/long to Forrest Fenn's hiding spot, the Beale Code decoded, directions to the Yamashita treasure and actual photographs of the faked moon landing studio site.

I'd say, fire it up.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it has all that on it, I've gotta be on the lookout for black choppers, black suburbans, and people in black suits!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions