Nice start for 2017. 8 Silvers Plus a Bunch Of Other Old Coins

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone with the mild winter temps I've been trying to get out there as much as I can. Been mostly working a park from the late 1800s. One of the hunts I pulled up and 5 guys were there with mine labs

We had a friendly shoot out that day. I recovered the most coins that day out of the group including a weird pocket spill containing a no date seated dime 59 Rosie and two buffalo nickles.

This park is hammmered but it just keeps producing. So off to a decent start this season. I wanna eclipse at least 100 Silvers so gonna have to buckle down and get out there alot

Thanks for looking

Jer

Attachments

• IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0260.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 179
Upvote 19

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My only seated looks just like yours!
Love the variety of coins, the brass hose nozzle has been checked off EVERYONES bucket list!:tongue3:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jer...what an impressive display of coins and relics! There is a little bit of everything, and the coppers come out nice there...thx for sharing...ddf

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My only seated looks just like yours!
Love the variety of coins, the brass hose nozzle has been checked off EVERYONES bucket list!:tongue3:

Does it count if it is only a hose end, with no nozzle? :tongue3:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet pile of silver and other nice finds!! I see you got a dime trifecta too, something I can't seem to do. Lol
Congrats!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging all those keepers :headbang: I find it hard to believe that park has been hammered after looking at all the goodies you dug. Which detector were you swinging? How deep were the older coins? Now for hammered parks, you ought to come to my area. I can go to old schools and not finds much more than a few coins and the parks have been cleaned out for the most part. There were many detectors being swung in my area since the 1970's. I have hit all the schools parks within 3 counties that have been around since the mid 1800's. The ones in the smaller towns have been picked clean, you are lucky to dig a pull tab. I was lucky to hit a school that was built in the early 50's and has been closed for 20 years. The last 12 years it was fenced off with no trespassing signs. Well one day I drove by and saw they were taking the fence down. I pulled 5 silver dimes that day. Took a local newbie MDer back there to see if he could pull his 1st silver but to no avail.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all your finds. I have only had one year when my silver coin finds exceeded 100. It isn't an easy thing to do. Especially since there have been so many advances in detector technology.
So many other coil singers now have the ability to zero in on the silver and also go much deeper than years ago.

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pittsburgh Parks continue to produce for you. They will never dry up!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jer. Big congrats!! Your one day take looks like my yearly totals... I've tried hitting Burgh parks 2x last year, short 2 hour hunts and found lots of can slaw and some clad. You must have done some great research or just have figured out the tones to dig in the city. I hope you got your fixx in as the 2 week weather forecast is not looking good.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the coins and relics! :occasion14:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the finds:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread