Back in the saddle! Gold, silver, & 223 coins

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Back in the saddle! Gold, silver, & 223 coins

Hello to all and thanks to those of you who sent well wishes to me after my car accident a couple weeks ago. I have been doing real good, got clearance to return to work beginning Monday and that makes me smile. The only issue I have been having the past few days is a headache. last week, it was really bad, but it has lessened and is manageble.

I had two days in a row without having to take any meds so I decided to go out this morning and swing. It was a beautiful day out there, clear and cool. I hit another school in the district I was covering before the accident. Every school is the same, three sets of swings and three large round woodchip areas with play equipment. Then, there is a tot lot area, on the other side of the school, fenced in with a nice sized woodchip area with swings, slides, and other small equipment. At all the other schools, I did well, but had to work hard to accumulate the finds by covering 100% of the woodchip areas, finding almost all the items in the open areas away from the play structures. Someone had detected there within the last few months and got all the stuff around the equipment.

Well, this school was different. it was loaded. I was busy the whole time I was there constantly digging targets. It was one of those great days that we dream of. My pouch was so full by the end that I was afraid some of the finds were going to spill out every time I bent over. It was a lot of fun and I really got my fix, enough to carry on to next weekend, resting tomorrow...lol.

I didn't get any keepers that will make me rich but I got several nice finds that I am glad to have. My first was by the swings, a Swank money clip, no money with it and it was about 6 inches deep, a heavy sucker. It's well made, gold colored but not marked, but there is no tarnish at all on it, and I think it had been there a while because of the depth, nice. Also by the swings, a surprise, a 1964 Washington silver quarter. Must have been in circulation. I'll take it! While covering the large areas, I found a nice 925 ring with a princess cut amethist stone, laying right on top, an eye find. I had one piece of gold this day, a pretty earring marked 10k on the post. I also found a 925 earring. In the tot lot, I got a really nice 925 Italy bracelet next to the slide. I found several silver beading beads and links. I also found 3 wheaties in the penny pile while cleaning everything up, a 1954D, a 1949D, and a 1928D. All perfectly clean and must have been in circulation.

I found a ton of coins and trinkets. In the tot lot, a Pirates Of The Carribean coin. 2 more junk rings, a bunch of pendent/fobs, a nice chain, a 20 cent Euro coin, a Washington and an Adams $1 coin, found right next to each other, and 5 Chuckie Cheese tokens.

Some nice totals today. I searched too long, 5 hours, but how can you leave when you are at such a productive site...lol. I am a little sore but doing good. all the nice keepers plus nice clad pile, 223 coins total for face value of $19.78 including 43 quarters. This was my 7th 200+ coin day of the year.

Here's some photos of today's finds. Thanks for reading. I was really happy just to be out there and got lucky to hit this school that obviously hadn't been searched in a while. HH and good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

I also saw this as I finished my hunt, so I snapped some photos of it.
I posted this and other shots in My Daily Snapshot also.
Keepers.JPG

Attachments

• Airshow.jpg
    Airshow.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,007
  • July 21 T.jpg
    July 21 T.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • July 21 F.jpg
    July 21 F.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Airshow.jpg
    Airshow.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 988
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: Back in the saddle! Gold, silver, & 223 coins

Stormtrooper154 said:
Nice haul bud! I am glad you are back out swinging!

Thanks my friend, me too. I was going crazy the past two weekes.
Best of luck to you out there Nathan!

Smiles!
BDoo

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BDoo,
Holy Cow!!! I see you are fully recovered. ;D What a haul. I'm drooling.
Anyone that can score 5 Chuck-E-Cheese tokens in a hunt is fully recovered. ;D
Way to go. Glad to see you posting again.
-MM-

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WTG Bdoo ! glad your back at it ;)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

ModernMiner said:
BDoo,
Holy Cow!!! I see you are fully recovered. ;D What a haul. I'm drooling.
Anyone that can score 5 Chuck-E-Cheese tokens in a hunt is fully recovered. ;D
Way to go. Glad to see you posting again.
-MM-

I think my fave find was finding both $1 coins that are out so far. The CC tokens were all next to each other, a CC spill...lol.
Thanks for the friendly comment. I am glad to have gotten out there too. I was "jones'in..lol

Smiles!
BDoo

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great to see you back on that horse...err not ::) (too busy digging)

great finds

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BDoo - Glad you were able to get out. That's a nice haul, as always, and congrats on your milestones. Very impressive.

HH

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Glad to hear you are back and running. Congrats on the 5000 mark! You really know how to tear those schools up. you've got the George and the John, there are 2 more to come this year. I've managed to get to get both that are out now, and waiting on the next. Way to go bud, and keep em coming! Don't over do it too fast.

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Glad you're felling better and hunting again...those finds were a year's worth for some people. WTG :)

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250

What an incredible haul !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal detecting help in the recovery process, huh?! ;-)

Good Luck, and if you do this well being less than 100%, I wanna see your finds when
you are 100% soon !!!

Steve

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BDoo,

Nice to see you back in the swing of things again. You got yourself a nice assortment of everything today. Take care of yourself & don't overdo it.

;) RR

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe

Yepper, I'd say you are recovering nicely. ;) ;)
Glad to hear it. Very nice hunt, dude.

Ima

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

goldencoin said:
great to see you back on that horse...err not ::) (too busy digging)

great finds

;D Many thanks GC. It was cool to get the silver quarter, not a pocket full like you found, but I'll take it.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

nealb said:
BDoo - Glad you were able to get out. That's a nice haul, as always, and congrats on your milestones. Very impressive.

HH

Appreciate it Neal!
Looking into my treasure chest, I am pretty happy, the finds are really starting to add up and I guess I will surpass last year's pile which I wouldn't have thought possible. The season is just past half way so we'll see where I end up. I have managed to keep all that clad so far too and my big ole plastic pretzel container is almost full. It weighs a ton.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

piggman1 said:
Glad to hear you are back and running. Congrats on the 5000 mark! You really know how to tear those schools up. you've got the George and the John, there are 2 more to come this year. I've managed to get to get both that are out now, and waiting on the next. Way to go bud, and keep em coming! Don't over do it too fast.

I was just glad to get out and get back into it and feel sort of normal. I don't doo good, sitting and laying around all day, too hyper.

Thanks for the friendly reply and encouagement PM!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread