04E46

Greenie
Jan 4, 2017
Harvest
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett pinpointer, 4", 10", 14" coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to share, since the weather has been nice I've been out detecting as much as I can. Here are a few things that have turned up. I always forget to take a picture in the hole... Next time.. Thanks for viewing! If your in North Alabama and want to get together for a hunt, I have some good locations just PM me. Thanks!
Eaglelock.jpg franklinhalf.jpg franklinhalf2.jpg reale.png whistle.jpg

Upvote 20

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow you manage some really nice coins !like the half and the Spanish that padlock look great too.Sure people will joint, i would he was around.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! Those are some nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd say you have some "great spots" to hunt. Congrats on the Spanish silver, the Ben F. half and the other 2 finds. Those relics will look nice in anyone's display.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Ben gotta love it cool lock also those make for some great finds Keep it up thanks for the post!!!!!!!

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Franklin half is a tough coin to find, not many show up here. I've only ever found one in 32 years of detecting (but I mostly hunt old 1800's sites). Nice Reale as well!!! Thanks for the post. Congrats.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great looking finds. I'm not in Alabama, but with finds like those I would almost be willing to make the trip from Illinois !

OP
OP

04E46

Greenie
Jan 4, 2017
Harvest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The backside of the Reale is in decent shape, I will try to post a picture of the face this afternoon, its not in very good shape. The only way I could identify it was from the back. I don't know much of anything about it, any ideas on why it would have a small hole punched in it?

OP
OP

04E46

Greenie
Jan 4, 2017
Harvest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually just moved here from Yorktown VA. I have been trying to research locations around here, its not like VA where I had tons of colonial, revolutionary, and civil war spots. There is a lot of civil war history here where I'm at, it just doesn't have the same feel as Virginia did when you run across an old spot.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The backside of the Reale is in decent shape, I will try to post a picture of the face this afternoon, its not in very good shape. The only way I could identify it was from the back. I don't know much of anything about it, any ideas on why it would have a small hole punched in it?

Ir was probably worn around the neck of someone with a piece of string, may have the been minted the year they were born. :dontknow:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
04E46
A lot of the older coins have a hole put into them,no pockets on your pants or shirt in the olden days.
It was a way to keep them all in one place on a string...placed around the neck/wrist or tied through a small hole in the cloths.
Very nice finds you have there .
Gary

OP
OP

04E46

Greenie
Jan 4, 2017
Harvest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Franklin....blow the whistle....whoop whoop

The whistle does still function. After a good cleaning I had to give it a try

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most times it was because the date of the coin meant something to someone who handled the coin at one point. A birth year, anniversary year, or birth year of one of their children were the most common reasons to punch a hole in it. They did this to wear it as a charm or pendant around their neck or attached it to themselves in some fashion.

OP
OP

04E46

Greenie
Jan 4, 2017
Harvest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
04E46
A lot of the older coins have a hole put into them,no pockets on your pants or shirt in the olden days.
It was a way to keep them all in one place on a string...placed around the neck/wrist or tied through a small hole in the cloths.
Very nice finds you have there .
Gary

Thanks is for this G.A.P. Metal.
I think you are spot on with this

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread