Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After yesterday's penny bank find I went back to the same spot at low tide today. I dug a bunch of conglomerate and brought it back to the boat to check and clean. So far it looks like a house burned and is now resting in the shallow water and beach. Im pretty sure im in the kitchen area, im hoping to find some silverware. Anyway I have a lot of stuff to check but theres one piece that looks cool for sure. I didnt get back to the boat till dark so ill post more pics in the morning. Heres one promisingpiece photo-380.JPG
photo-379.JPG
photo-378.JPG
photo-377.JPG
photo-376.JPG photo-375.JPG
You can clearly see a encrusted brass flower in one pic and I think the large piece is a brass dish of some sort. Also there is some brass chain clearly seen . This one is much more delicate than the penny bank was and will take some time to reveal. photo-373.JPG
Your guess is as good as mine, I'll clean it up in the morning with the rest of the stuff. Who knows !!!!

Upvote 6

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude that is so freakin cool That's my dream to dive I'm hoping some day I can afford scuba gear tanks ect just to start diving around here after the kids go to college well probably after college Thanks so much for sharing I love it Tommy stay safe!!!!!

Last edited:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I love Spanish Wells. Did some lobster diving there while visiting a friend who's a native to the island. Is "The Gap" still there?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love Spanish Wells. Did some lobster diving there while visiting a friend who's a native to the island. Is "The Gap" still there?

Why yes it is !! Might have to go try it tonight. The island is no longer a dry island, there are 3 or 4 bars and 2 liquer stores now. Yacht haven marina has been rebuilt and is a top notch marina now with one of the bars and a restaurant on the property. Just got a colonial era iron off royal island, and am going back to dig some more conglomerate from the beach in front of the oldest part of town.the lobster diving is in full swing right now and the yellow fin tunas are biting !!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is an awesome find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Why yes it is !! Might have to go try it tonight. The island is no longer a dry island, there are 3 or 4 bars and 2 liquer stores now. Yacht haven marina has been rebuilt and is a top notch marina now with one of the bars and a restaurant on the property. Just got a colonial era iron off royal island, and am going back to dig some more conglomerate from the beach in front of the oldest part of town.the lobster diving is in full swing right now and the yellow fin tunas are biting !!!

Big changes since I've been there. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-386.JPG
photo-388.JPG
photo-390.JPG photo-392.JPG photo-393.JPG photo-376.JPG hard to believe thats the same flower. I posted another thread with the story.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mild solution of muriatic acid, and carful chipping and manipulation. I know that sounds crazy but it works well with carful observation and lots of rinses. The acid dissolves the conglomerate fairly quickly leaving the metal objects. Ive never damaged any objects this way unless they were un salvageable to begin with. Iron, brass, bronze, copper, and gold. With silver just a quick dip to burn off the sand and coral. Here is an old iron I just chipped and dipped and then oild with corrosion block. It was unidentifiable when I first picked it up. All I new was that it was a heavy iron object that was roughly triangular. photo-387.JPG

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what type of jewelry or adornments these pieces are. I cant figure out what they are or how they were worn. Maybe they were clothing adornments or something like that. I have no idea on age either. They are quality built with no markings at all. Could have been plated at one point but im not sure. Maybe they adorned a piece of furniture or a lamp shade. I have no idea at this point.????

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post something for size reference, may help with figuring out what the flowers were?

Are they silver, sure looks to be in the one photo after cleaning?

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Wow, good job on the clean-up! It looked to me like the last item may be a monk figurine?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-395.JPG
Going now to dig some more, low tide right now. For some reason I keep thinking about the flappers of the 1920s, and the stuff they wore. Who knows ?????

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what type of jewelry or adornments these pieces are. I cant figure out what they are or how they were worn. Maybe they were clothing adornments or something like that. I have no idea on age either. They are quality built with no markings at all. Could have been plated at one point but im not sure. Maybe they adorned a piece of furniture or a lamp shade. I have no idea at this point.????

I saw a pair of beach sandals where the flower and chain were attached to the sole of the sandal. I think that is what you have.
It's called a "Thong in a FlipFlop."
Congratulations

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a pair of beach sandals where the flower and chain were attached to the sole of the sandal. I think that is what you have.
It's called a "Thong in a FlipFlop."
Congratulations

I thought the same thing at first but there are 2 different types of stones in each one so they wouldnt be matching. and the site is late 1800s early 1900s just dug this today photo-406.JPG photo-404.JPG also dug an old penny bank photo-372.JPG
Should be another pair if for sandals ill keep looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions