Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been digging large clumps of conglomerate from the beach and shallow water here in the bahamas, and today my heart really got pounding while chiping and cleaning my chunks from yesterday !!! For those that dont know what conglomerate is, it is lage masses of sand, coral and corrosion that form on metals that have been submerged in the ocean for long periods of time. It takes quite a bit of time and effort to expose whats hidden inside these chunks of coral and sand. Yesterday I thought that I saw some chains and flower like objects in the conglomerate. Wow I was shocked today while cleaning these conglomerates. !!!! Heres what was in yesterday's pieces. photo-386.JPG
photo-385.JPG
photo-388.JPG
photo-388.JPG photo-389.JPG
Im pretty sure these are costume jewelry, but I still felt like mel fisher cracking jewls from atocha coral. Damn what a thrill !!! Im still cleaning them up and ive got a lot more to crack open !!!! The point to keep in mind is there is probaly more jewelry here so im gonna pound it with the excal tomorrow. Already got a penny bank some jewelry and some other nick nacks. Im zeroing in on the hot spot. Also got an old iron on neighboring royal island in shallow water snorkeling. photo-387.JPG cant wait to get back out there its been pretty good so far. Check out my post from yesterday to see what this stuff looked like before cleaning.
photo-393.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 15

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like everyone missed this thread when you posted it originally.

Congrats on some nice ornate "garter belts" with the rose on them. :laughing7:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your interesting finds! Good luck on the remainder of your cleanup and return trips!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed this one years back... glad it got kicked back up from the Tnet dusty vault.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions