End of a good thing....recent water finds

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Pretty sad showing from Jopher this year....very sad indeed.
Ive had an exhausting work schedule with little time for treasure hunting , but when the opportunity arises there is nothing more rejuvinating for my mind and body than a good water hunt.In the past, my saving grace was a local beach that was mine....all mine.This is a large beach that sees hundreds of people every given hot day.A Sunday morning hunt always left me with heavy pockets and usually a few real keepers....Not so any more.There is a new gun on the beach and he's relentless.Workers say he's there three...sometimes four times a week.Now,I know, Ive got no right to complain,but it still doesnt make me happy.....all good things must come to an end....Damn.
By the way,I went out this morning anyway.4-1/2 hours in the water and I dug about 10 targets(including trash).All "iffy" signals in the 12" plus range.Targets get so deep here because the beach washes out and they just truck in more sand.
PICT0001.JPG
One more...my keeper for the day....2.10 OZ silver.Barley got a signal....about 16".Note...broken clasp.
PICT0002.JPG
PICT0003.JPG
Heres a couple from 4th of july day.Different beach....short hunt.
The gawdy gold looked good in the scoop...turned out to be 18k over copper.....one junk....one sterling.
PICT0004.JPG
Thought I'd just touch base with all at TN.
Happy hunting and the best of luck to all......even the guy cleaning out..."MY BEACH"!......Joe

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice finds Joe, especially the rings, congrats.
The easy and good things seem to never last long.
Hope you can find another beach, all yours.
Don't work too hard my friend. HH!

Smiles!
BDoo

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great finds and looks like it doesnt matter that a new guy is hunting...he evidently missed some good stuff.
I never see another person hunting...yet when I am hunting in public someone is sure to wander over and tell me that the place I am searching was recently hunted....this seems to be about the exact time or shortly after that I find something good....Hahaha....I am begining to thing these people are messengers of good luck ! :D

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
No one can get it all, and you just proved that. It's nice when you have a place all to yourself, but for some reason that usually doesn't last long. Nice finds, and way to go!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
jopher,

nice finds. Thanks for posting.

Hang it there, better times are
a coming; hunt all day, sleep
all night ;) ;D

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE