Youthful Enthusiasm

N

Newbie1967

My 6-year-old son and I took a walk down to the local market for a candy bar. He spotted a few pennies in the parking lot and snagged them. He was pretty proud of them and said, "Are you going to post these on the treasure site?" At first, I'm ashamed to say I balked because, after all, it's 3 pennies, and can hardly compare to the unbelievable finds on this site.

But after thinking it over for a few seconds, I realized - who am I to quash his enthusiasm? He's really getting excited about treasure hunting, and, after all, he said, "It may be only three pennies, but it's still treasure." He takes real pleasure in finding anything - from marbles to superballs to pennies. So, I'm keeping my promise and posting his finds.

Happy Hunting...

NB1967

Attachments

• Three_Pennies.jpg
    Three_Pennies.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tell your son CONGRATS on the Finds. He's on his way :) .................jeff

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you Newbie1967!!

Now their is a Dad who is always considering his sons thoughts!

That may sound corny to some but thats just how I feel cuz my own two boys are by far my pride and joy!

Kudos to you Newbie! and don't ever stop.

Jeff

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
I sometimes wonder why I like metal detecting and I think back to my childhood and remember what it was like to find things like your son did. I think it is something inherent in our human makeup, everyone likes to find something. Thanks to technology finding things has become a little easier. Tell your son congrats on his find and thanks for sharing it with us.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Newbie,
Can't wait until my daughter blesses me with a grand child so I can introduce them to the wonderful world of MD. Let's see more of his great finds. Hope to see more of your finds too.
:)

F

Floater

Newbie ,Great Post. The Real Treasure is the Little guy. And if I quote Caratjuice " Thanks to technology finding things has become a little easier"Technology also lets us re-live a little of our childhood . You are blessed my friend.

M

mrmark55

Keep those "treasures" for him untill he is old enough to appreciate them for the real treasure that they are. Very nice first finds!!!!!

Mr Mark

:o

M

minelabex1000

I took my son THing when he was little. Today he's very successful (makes more than old Dad!) and still loves treasure hunting!

When your son gets old enough get him a detector and hunt together. Spend all the time you can with him. Trust me, they grow up far too quickly.?

For some people...
Life is what happens while we're making other plans.

C

Carl in CO

Treasure is in the eyes of the beholder. Awesome finds!!!

C

chaazz

tell your son he is a natural. Doesnt even need a MD to find coins. Tell him Congratulations

OP
OP
N

Newbie1967

Thanks to all, I'll pass on everyone's kind words to my son. I do have a confession though - it IS his metal detector! ;D It's entry level, a White's Prizm II, but it does the job... We've been talking about getting one for so long, and his grandfather decided to spring for one. I wish I'd done it years ago. We're heading to a nature trail this weekend if the weather cooperates so he can continue to hone his skills...

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Newbie1967, I know the feeling. Tokk my 5 yr old grandson out last Sunday and he had no problem keeping up w/me coin for coin. One thing about being young is that they're closer to the ground so they see things we might miss and also they have a etter memory. If you promise them something, you better follow through because they DON'T forget. I'll post his pics when I get camera back from friend, think you'll enjoy them. HH to you both 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread