Maiden voyage with the two-five-o

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,

My Ace 250 took its maiden voyage today for about 45 min.
I went to a local park that is loaded with junk.. I call it "penny park" cuz thats about all it has and are mostly memorials which was confirmed by my Soveriegn Elite last year but the kids can play on the swings and slides so that suited me.
I ran in jewlry mode and then coins mode with the nickels notched out, I was doing the usual testing and dug 2 whats-its and a pull tab.
The one whats-it did fool me but the other two I was 99% sure it was junk.
A round washer type of whatz-it fooled me.
I also took a whopping 4 cents out of it

I will soon be ready to give it a real test where I know there is some deeper silver but it was still fun to just get out again.
I will have off work the next two fri. sat. sun. and then I have a whole week off so I got some huntin to due!!

So far I like the little Yeller Feller but I did notice one thing and that is when the target is close and the sens. is high pinpointing will give me trouble due to overload and if I raise the coil the PP works better.. of course I can just lower the sens. too.

Oh yeah sens. is easy to tell if its too high cuz the 250 will lie to you real bad!

PP is spot on though so I feel I will have a good year, gonna be great!!

Jeff

Upvote 0

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
I noticed the same thing with mine on the sensitivity, I run it at 4 notches on the sensitivity and that seems to work pretty well. Although I've only been "out" once so far with it, still a little frozen out there.

Dudes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread