I think marina beach in MDR is officially "my" beach (some cool finds/first gold)

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think marina beach in MDR is officially "my" beach (some cool finds/first gold)

So according to the beaches and harbors guys I saw today at the beach I frequent, I'm the only guy that detects this small, protected marina beach. The guy went so far as to say "it's your beach now" to me(since the last regular detector passed away apparantly).

Other than that but of info, I had a killer day on the beach. Hunter he surfline, hunted the kayak/rowboat storage area (found a nice pearl/silver plated/gold cufflink there) and I hunted the tot lot like crazy and found the Singapore 10 cent piece there along with 2 small pendants (turtle and small silver heart covered in sand)

I hunted from 10:30 to about 3:00pm. Dug up 4 syrringes on the tot lot. Kind of sad.

Heres some pix of my finds: 20170208_180233~2.jpg 20170208_180244.jpg 20170208_163912.jpg 20170208_163858.jpg 20170208_163616.jpg 20170208_163558.jpg

This beach keeps on throwing me curve balls... I ended up digging up what at first glance LOOKED like a spill of gold coins (which obviously makes no sense since I detect the southern California coast) which instantly gave me a simultaneous heart attack, stroke, and brain aneurysm... It was spill of chocolate gold coins...

20170208_135115.jpg

This beach is a constant tease....

But it's my favorite place to detect!

Upvote 7

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice to have a "home" place to hunt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice hunt! :occasion14:

OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention I found all of this with my bounty hunter tracker iv. I'm saving up for a used sand shark that I plan on killing this beach with. I'm only getting about 4-5" on coins in the sand with my Tiv so I'm sure that the sand shark will produce a whole new layer of beach treasure that I can't currently reach. For some reason this beach keeps calling me back even though it's one of the least trafficked/swam beaches in the L.A. area.

I didn't take any pix of the iron/trash I picked up. But I am one of those weirdos that keeps all brass/copper for scrap. I've actually just started melting/purifying my copper down into little bars. I'm going to try to make perfect 1 lb and 1oz bars.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to have your own little beach.
Someday those gold chocolate coins may just be the real thing. Wouldn't that be nice?

danjsargent

Jan 1, 2016
western MA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I laughed at that chocolate coin part! I can only imagine how fast your heart was racing when you saw gold!! Haha!

OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was some dude nearby. I casually played it off as rare gold coins. Dude looked like he was going to need a new pair of pants until I told him I was joking haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread