Wheats discovered

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Every time I go to my grandparents house my grandpa is always giving my kids money, couple quarters, couple dozen pennies, it thrills them to death. Anyway, went to grandpa's house today and he had an old metal Planters Peanuts can sitting on the counter for the kids, he said it was full of pennies. Got the can home and opened it up, it was full of pennies, every single one of them was a wheat, 471 in total.

Dudes

Attachments

• wheat pennies.JPG
    wheat pennies.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 0
M

mrmark55

Alright Grampa! Wheaties with no detector required! How cool is that?
:D

C

Carl in CO

that can looks like it's been around as long as the pennies. He wants to make sure you take the grandkids to visit :o

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Now that's a cache of old coins! What's the oldest one? Can you put together a set from them? BE sure to replace them for the kiddies. Spotz

OP
OP
dudes2112

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
The oldest is a 1910, then there's a 1918, two 1919, one 1920 and a few other sporadic dates up until 1940. From 1940 until 1958 I have all of the dates with the D mint mark, not so many with the S. I thought the can was just about as cool as the pennies, it's in better shape than most of the pennies. I'll put this can on a shelf so the kids can have it when they get a little older and can appreciate them. Oldest is only 6, but he did have a good time picking through all of them to check out the dates.

Dudes

serb535

Sep 10, 2004
cleveland ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm III
hey dudes, got down to your neck of the woods the other day, i had t go to portage lake, new housing development going in and had a machine down there so i went and fixed, their building huse where a trailer park used to be which is where an amusment park used t be. need to start carrying my tector on service truck! house foundation are nice and deep,,, easy picking!....serb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread