Complete Shoe Buckle, Coppers and Relics - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Complete Shoe Buckle, Coppers and Relics

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    36775 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Wow that is lots and lots of history I don't think I would get much sleep with finds like that. I have a display case for historical finds which is all but empty I think I need to move not that kind of History here in A2 Great job Thanks for always sharing your great finds Tommy!!!!!!!
    OutdoorAdv likes this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 185 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Nick

Nov 2012
    Connecticut
    Garrett AT PRO/Garrett Ace 250 + 8.5x11" DD Coil/ Garrett Pro-Pointer & Pro-Pointer AT/ Vibra-Tector 730/ Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Retired)
    2025 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    That's a fine looking shoe buckle surrounded by lots of other wonderful stuff!
    OutdoorAdv likes this.

8 Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it?
    9 And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!’ - Luke 15:8-9

us
    Nov 2014
    Massachusetts
    Minelab SE pro
    818 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Love the shoe buckle. Congrats!!!!!!!!
    OutdoorAdv likes this.
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MrDigger

Oldest coin: 1693 William & Mary halfpenny
    Oldest silver: 1751 Fernando VI One Reale
    Oldest US coin: 1787 Mass State Copper
    Oldest US silver: 1821 Capped Bust Dime
    Best spill: 1 Barber Qtr, 4 seated dimes, 1 Barber dime, 1 V nickle
    Favorite Find: 1806 Carolus IIII 8 Reales

us
    Detect smarter, not harder.

Mar 2014
    17th century
    Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
    13266 times
    FOUNDING MEMBER: Basstards of Bramble
    Banner Finds (6)

Complete Shoe Buckle, Coppers and Relics

Brad Brad Brad.... I thought Abe gets the complete buckles and I get the coppers? Lol.

About the mystery piece 'Ol Rick mentioned. I was thinking nautical dividers myself, but then thought they were, perhaps, a bit small and dainty.

Unfortunately I have the pair like Rick pictures on my ship and not at home, but here's a pair I have at home. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486948170.536330.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	752.8 KB 
ID:	1414025

Great shoe buckles Brad. Amazing you nailed TWO! I think you stole Ahab's mojo! Anyway bud, I'm so happy you had a killer day hunting. You nailed it brother and it's a dream hunt for any of us. Double buckle and coppers?? Banner all the way bubba.

Haha. Cheers Brad, you are a hardcore hunter and really raise the bar with research, skill, and determination.
    OutdoorAdv likes this.

"Take the detecta-drama elsewhere - I'm just here to dig!"

Running totals:

Hammered Silvers - 2
    Hammered Coppers - 1
    Milled Spanish Silver - 14
    Transitional US State Coppers - 9
    United States Cent/Half cent Coppers - 131
    British & Other colonial Coppers - 107
    Slick coppers - too painful to talk about
    Silver Coins - We’ll over a 1000

Favourite Finds:
    1665 1-reale Spanish Cob
    Revolutionary War stirrup
    1812 2nd Regiment Artillarists pewter button
    1695 Willam 3rd Halfpenny in excellent condition
    G.W. Inagural Buttons - 6 Point Estoile cuff variety
    Love token etched on 1859 seated Dime
    1831 Louis Phillippe 1st - 5 Franc
    1783 Nova Constelatio, Crosby-3C &. Crosby-1B
    1749 Regal King George II Farthing
    1776 Counter King George iii

If it ain't at least seated, it aint Sh*t

us
    Oct 2016
    Vermont
    Garrett ACE 400, ProPointer AT
    1546 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wow! Those are some really nice colonial relics! Looks like you had a good relic hunt! Nice job recovering some awesome history!!!
    OutdoorAdv likes this.
    Notable 2019 Finds:

Coins: King George II halfpenny, Connecticut copper, 1810 Large Cent, 1872 Half Dime, 1864 & 1908 IHP, 1921 Peace Dollar, 1908 Barber Quarter, 1906 V Nickle, 3 merc dimes, 1943 Quarter

Relics: Vermont state seal button, early belt knife, shoe buckle fragments, 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button, 1916 dog license, skeleton key, broken flintlock pistol barrel, colonial silver cuff link, early brass thimble, many flat buttons of different metals and sizes

us
    Dec 2006
    Colonial Virginia
    XP Deus Teknetics T2
    1392 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    I would love to find a complete Georgian buckle like that Brad. Do you think the Deus is superior in iron?
    OutdoorAdv likes this.

us
    Apr 2013
    East Coast - USA
    XP Deus, GPX 4500, Equinox 800, AT Max
    3348 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
    Brad Brad Brad.... I thought Abe gets the complete buckles and I get the coppers? Lol.

About the mystery piece 'Ol Rick mentioned. I was thinking nautical dividers myself, but then thought they were, perhaps, a bit small and dainty.

Unfortunately I have the pair like Rick pictures on my ship and not at home, but here's a pair I have at home. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486948170.536330.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	752.8 KB 
ID:	1414025

Great shoe buckles Brad. Amazing you nailed TWO! I think you stole Ahab's mojo! Anyway bud, I'm so happy you had a killer day hunting. You nailed it brother and it's a dream hunt for any of us. Double buckle and coppers?? Banner all the way bubba.

Haha. Cheers Brad, you are a hardcore hunter and really raise the bar with research, skill, and determination.
    Thanks a ton Steve I stole Abe's buckle and your coppers. haha That's two buckles from the same site, but not in the same day. As you know, I dug the smaller one back in Dec there. That was the day I got double state coppers, then you one-upped me with a better complete shoe buckle. haha I just included a picture of both those complete buckles because they came from the same site.

Your picture reminded me of this broken iron compass (or dividers) I dug last fall. Oddly, I found this at the neighbors house of where the complete buckles, state coppers and my new mystery piece came from.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170212_210839-2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	532.1 KB 
ID:	1414079

us
    Colonial relic hound

Jun 2015
    South Carolina
    Minelab Equinox 800
    3192 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congrats on finding ANOTHER complete shoe buckle-Abe's got nothin' on you! It's a shape about the patina. That silvered piece is a real head-scratcher-I haven't a clue. Also great job finding two LCs-I have yet to find my first one.

Don't worry-I'm sure 2017 will be another great year for you.
    OutdoorAdv likes this.

us
    Apr 2013
    East Coast - USA
    3348 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyfresh View Post
    I would love to find a complete Georgian buckle like that Brad. Do you think the Deus is superior in iron?
    Thanks a ton man! Everyone has an opinion on what machine is better, so I try not to go there. haha I can say this, the Deus works best for me in 95% of the hunting I do. The Deus found a lot that my T2 missed, however the T2 finds stuff with the 5" coil that the Deus misses. That day I dug the KG and cut 8 was all because I took my T2 along to work thick iron with the tiny coil. The Deus is blazing fast, but as you know, it doesn't matter how fast a machine is, if the target is masked by iron, VLF (or any current) technology will not get it. But I think the Deus handles sniffing out fringe targets in the thick iron better than any other machine I've used. I'm really psyched to get the new High Frequency 9x5 elliptical coil this May when it releases. Those high frequencies will nail those low conductors and should rejuvenate my sites with pewters and what not.

I just pulled out my 3 complete ones for a group shot. Abe's collection puts these to shame though. I do have a few complete frames too, just missing the guts. If you can get on a Georgian house that hasn't been plowed, you stand a good chance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170212_211908.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	780.3 KB 
ID:	1414087

us
    Apr 2013
    East Coast - USA
    3348 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by trapperart View Post
    That sure is a great couple of hunts, the buckle is over the top CONGRATS on it and all the other great finds
    Thank you art!

Quote Originally Posted by Westfront View Post
    Nice bunch of relics there! Congrats on the shoebuckle!
    Thanks a ton Westfront!

Quote Originally Posted by bill from lachine View Post
    I'd go with the complete buckle as the star of the hunt.

Regards + HH

Bill
    Thanks Bill! It had my smiling stupid for the rest of the day. It was definitely the star for me on that Wednesday hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper1841 View Post
    Very nice
    Thanks Cooper1841!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab8 View Post
    I thought we talked about this Brad!!!! The shoe buckles and spoons are mine and the really cool buttons and awesome iron are yours....cufflinks too. Congrats on one of my all time favorite relics! I love shoe buckles. They are so unique and unlike anything from the present
    Hahaha Thanks man. How many complete buckles do you have now? 12? You're overdue for a silver one.... one of these days its going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by against the wind View Post
    Congratulations on some really nice finds.
    Thanks a ton man!

Quote Originally Posted by VMI Digger View Post
    Nice to see you back in the iron Brad, complete buckle is a fantastic dig for sure especially given the difficulties pulling it from those roots. Glad to see the honey hole still producing
    Thanks man! It was good to get out. I'm psyched to get back to the buckle site when I have some more time. I've only hit it a couple times and I only had a few hours each time. I know I can work some more stuff out of that place.

Quote Originally Posted by danjsargent View Post
    Amazing buckle! Congrats on saving that history. Thanks for sharing
    Thanks danjsargent!

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    30536 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Killer relic hunt(s)!

us
    Apr 2013
    East Coast - USA
    3348 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Wow that is lots and lots of history I don't think I would get much sleep with finds like that. I have a display case for historical finds which is all but empty I think I need to move not that kind of History here in A2 Great job Thanks for always sharing your great finds Tommy!!!!!!!
    Thanks Tommy! I am lucky to live in an area rich in history. The Civil War touched every inch of land here, so it's tough not to stumble across those relics.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat1750 View Post
    That's a fine looking shoe buckle surrounded by lots of other wonderful stuff!
    Thank you Wildcat1750!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Digger View Post
    Love the shoe buckle. Congrats!!!!!!!!
    Thank you Mr. Digger!

Quote Originally Posted by VTColonialDigger View Post
    Wow! Those are some really nice colonial relics! Looks like you had a good relic hunt! Nice job recovering some awesome history!!!
    Thank you VTColonialDigger! It was a ton of fun digging all those targets.

Quote Originally Posted by DownNDirty View Post
    Congrats on finding ANOTHER complete shoe buckle-Abe's got nothin' on you! It's a shape about the patina. That silvered piece is a real head-scratcher-I haven't a clue. Also great job finding two LCs-I have yet to find my first one.

Don't worry-I'm sure 2017 will be another great year for you.
    Thanks Glenn! Somehow Abe missed that buckle... even though he's dug most of the complete buckles on the east coast by now, he still misses one here and there. haha That's funny you haven't dug a LC... straight to the KGs! Weird how stuff like that happens, but has to do with the sites we hunt I suppose. That fat IHPs was overdue and I still have never dug a seated coin... however I have a 7 Spanish silvers and a Capped bust half.

Jaw Harp piece?
    Scrappy likes this.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    I open my prezzies out of lumps of mud. 02/10/19
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

us
    Charlie

Feb 2015
    New York/Florida
    DEUS ALL THE WAY
    2139 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Helll brad , what a great buckle
    And a nice lot of relics always like to read your posts and see your items
    Great job hh gl
    Eastcoast

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    16647 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congrats Brad. That shoe buckle is sweet!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links