sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quick hunt today. Maybe 45 minutes before heading to my job site. Got some quick clad and then a faint mid-80s right along the curb side....(an area that's done great for me!) dug a nice deep plug and there she was: 1945-S Mercury dime! Nice condition. HH everyone! Go get some!!!

Sgt

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487021723.289096.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487021741.405692.jpg

Upvote 9
OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't usually post an average find like this, but I'm in a good mood and hope I can spread some good silver luck on to some other readers!! Thanks for lookin.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not average to a lot of us; I haven't found one yet..thank you for posting!

Nice silver!

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not average to a lot of us; I haven't found one yet..thank you for posting!

Nice silver!

You're right about that. Sorry if that sounded snide. Well thank you!! You'll get that first one soon enough. The park I found it in I could NOT find a Merc there forever. Had found a few before at other spots but not at my main place I've been hunting. Finally a couple of weeks ago, I got a 1942 and I was so happy that I got one at the park! A friend told me that once the first one comes, they'll come easy from there on out! And he was right: last week I dug my second Merc at the park and it turns out to be a key date! 1921-D. Then today my third. Funny how that works ;) good luck bud! You'll get her sooner or later

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver find! :occasion14:

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right about that. Sorry if that sounded snide. Well thank you!! You'll get that first one soon enough. The park I found it in I could NOT find a Merc there forever. Had found a few before at other spots but not at my main place I've been hunting. Finally a couple of weeks ago, I got a 1942 and I was so happy that I got one at the park! A friend told me that once the first one comes, they'll come easy from there on out! And he was right: last week I dug my second Merc at the park and it turns out to be a key date! 1921-D. Then today my third. Funny how that works ;) good luck bud! You'll get her sooner or later

No worries.. not snide at all. I always seem to go out and find a pocket full of clad just shy of the silver dates and not to excited about it..

Then I see someone post that there last three hunts they can't find a single coin of any date; it just reminds me that even though I was not overly excited; someone else may see the clad and get motivated to keep looking.

I love seeing those silver coins..

Danny..

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on unearthing a beautiful above-average Merc! :thumbsup:

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the Mercury. There is nothing mediocre about finding silver, it always brightens my day! Post away!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a micro s as well check it out, makes it worth a hair more

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an fyi.... There are varieties on the 45 S's.... Small and large mint marks. I think they call the one Micro... I do not think there is a difference in 'value' though if thats your thing...

Great find... I love Mercury dimes!

achetadomestica

Feb 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[ I always seem to go out and find a pocket full of clad just shy of the silver dates and not to excited about it.. ]

I am in the same boat. Last weekend I found a 66 quarter. During the Xmas break I hunted an elementary school that has been there since the late 60's.
In 3 days around 8 hours of hunting I found about 350 coins. No silver but I had at least 5 1965 dimes probably around 25 or 30 coins from the 60's but not one silver?
My detector is picking up about 6" sometimes 7". It is a whites mxt and I am in sandy florida hunting. Is the silver hunted out or down below 8"??? I found a merc the other day
at 7". No problem picking it up. I am hunting an old abandoned house and am finding a few wheats and a war nickel but no silver? The mxt seems to be very accurate I don't dig much below 7" I have a dd eclipse coil and a 12" coil and I don't seem to get much more depth with the larger coil maybe an inch? The bigger coil definitely has constant chatter and multiple hits.
I am trying to figure out if I need to find a better place to hunt or get a better detector?

Mike

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread