🥇 BANNER Tesoro Mojave Injun Tracks Down Silver Coin Spill And Finds Gold Coin

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today didn't turn out as I thought it would. I decided to try a new area of town, but on my way there I realized that I forgot my gun, so I headed towards the 'no trespassing' site to detect the permission yard next door instead. That area of town is a little safer than where I was planning on going.

I grid searched the front yard first, but I didn't expect to find much because I hit it pretty hard with one of my Tesoro detectors a year or so ago. I did however find a few clad coins, a nickel and a couple of wheat pennies.

Satisfied that there was nothing left to find in the front yard I proceeded to grid search the back yard which I've never had a search coil over. The old clothesline drew me to it like a magnet. I didn't find anything there, but I did piss Mr. Dog off. At least this time I had 2 fences between me and the dog.

After grid searching most of the yard I was beginning to think that there wasn't any silver back there to find, because the wheat pennies at that time were few and far between. Determined I kept up the search.

Finally I got my search coil over a silver coin and popped a Rosie. Some how I forgot to take a hole shot of the first silver coin. I covered up the hole and sweep it again with the search coil and this time I recovered 2 Rosie Dimes. I covered the hole once again and sweep the hole again and got another good audio tone. I popped a deeper Mercury dime. That's 4 silver coins and a nickel from one hole, my most ever.

About 3 feet away I get another good audio tone and recovery another Rosie dime. Needless to say I went over that little hot area with a fine tooth comb. I found several more wheat pennies before leaving that particular area.

I dug a few deep nickels that got me to thinking that I'm due a gold ring. All I need is one little ole good ring to have my little Mojave pay for itself. I thought about it for good while, before getting another sweet audio and recovered a holed Mercury dime. I still had that gold ring on my mind.

Not satisfied that I did a thorough enough job covering the area around the old clothesline, I headed back over there to check it some more. Nothing, but I did get a picture of Mr. Bada$$ Dog.

Satisfied with the 6 silver coins, I was going to end my hunt by going down the chain link fence line that divided the two permission sites. About halfway down, I get what I thought at first was another nickel audio tone, but it seemed a little bigger and smoother.

Could this be the gold ring that I've been thinking about and wishing I could find for most of the hunt. I carefully dug a wide plug and flipped it over and saw a deep yellow gold color in the plug. My heart got to racing! I carefully picked it up and felt its weight. I thought to myself being that heavy it has to be pure gold.

Not wanting to scratch it, I didn't rub on it and put into my coin water bottle. There was noway that I was going to be able to do anymore detecting so I headed for my SUV and drove home with big ole smile on my face.

I really love this little Mojave detector. Not only does it find the good stuff, it is so much fun to use. Detecting is suppose to be fun....... right? Enjoy the pictures, they tell a better story than I can. Oh yeah, I found 12 wheat pennies.

EDIT: Checkout Post #71

tabman

Attachments

• Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 002.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 002.JPG
    607.9 KB · Views: 733
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 004.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 004.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 556
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 005.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 005.JPG
    593.3 KB · Views: 558
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 007.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 007.JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 551
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 008.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 008.JPG
    578.9 KB · Views: 515
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 009.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 009.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 494
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 011.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 011.JPG
    670.6 KB · Views: 515
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 013.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 013.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 489
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 014.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 014.JPG
    548.2 KB · Views: 583
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 017.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 017.JPG
    580.4 KB · Views: 533
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 019.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 019.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 585
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 022.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 022.JPG
    348.7 KB · Views: 607
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 025.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 025.JPG
    394.3 KB · Views: 706
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 029.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 029.JPG
    400.7 KB · Views: 688
  • Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 035.JPG
    Mojave - Gold Coin - 6 Silver Dimes 035.JPG
    410.5 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:
Upvote 108

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That new Mojave is smoking good for you awesome find.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a fantastic find. That gold coin is sweet

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Nice! And I love the "in-situ" shots of digs and the "reveals".

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy gold brother! You cant beat a hunt with silver and gold! That coin would make my year! Congratulations and wishing you many more successes!

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow nice to read What a perfect day Cong That old coin look so great

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BANNER, period.
Thanks! I appreciate that.

Good finds sir- Banner all day every day!

SUPER Finds! :icon_thumright:
WoW!
Now, you won't have to get a bezel mounted on the coin, to give away....(its a nice gift, too!) :laughing7:
Thanks! My wife took it away from me.

What an amazing hunt, topped off with an incredible gold coin! My banner vote is in- huge Congrats to you!

-- Jeff --
Thanks! I really had a great time today.

$5 gold coin, 1892!!! One of the best finds this year plus all the silver coins and 12 wheats. Huge congrats!!!!!!
Thanks! I can't imagine me finding anything better.

Wow, what a haul! Congrats!
Thanks! Now I got to prepare myself for day that I don't find anything.

Tabman, congratulations. Huge day for you.
I just recently purchased a DeLeon and I love it. But you sure have me thinking about a Mojave. Proof is in the pudding, and your's is sweet chocolate with icing.
Thanks! Trust me on this, I've owned and used a lot of Tesoro detectors, you won't regret getting a Mojave.

That's the complete package........wheat, silver and gold in one day!! Banner for the old gold!!
Thanks! Just the silver coins alone would have been a great day for me.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! I really appreciate that.

That new Mojave is smoking good for you awesome find.
Thanks! I really love the Mojave. It runs so quiet and it's so much fun to use.

Is this your first gold coin to find?
Yes it is! It surprised me, I thought it was going to be a gold ring.

You da man, tabman! Awesome digs!
Thanks! All this fun with the Mojave is wearing me down.

Congratulations on a fantastic find. That gold coin is sweet

Nice! And I love the "in-situ" shots of digs and the "reveals".
Thanks Tom! I try to put the reader of my finds posts in my shoes.

Holy gold brother! You cant beat a hunt with silver and gold! That coin would make my year! Congratulations and wishing you many more successes!
Thanks! I was double lucky today.

Wow nice to read What a perfect day Cong That old coin look so great
Thanks! The weather was perfect and all went well.

tabman

highball

Greenie
Sep 12, 2016
Western Washington
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Safari, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Golden μMax, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Cortes, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F75, Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on then gold!!

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Congratulations.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today didn't turn out as I thought it would. I decided to try a new area of town, but on my way there I realized that I forgot my gun, so I headed towards the 'no trespassing' site to detect the permission yard next door instead. That area of town is a little safer than where I was planning on going.

I grid searched the front yard first, but I didn't expect to find much because I hit it pretty hard with one of my Tesoro detectors a year or so ago. I did however find a few clad coins, a nickel and a couple of wheat pennies.

Satisfied that there was nothing left to find in the front yard I proceeded to grid search the back yard which I've never had a search coil over. The old clothesline drew me to it like a magnet. I didn't find anything there, but I did piss Mr. Dog off. At least this time I had 2 fences between me and the dog.

After grid searching most of the yard I was beginning to think that there wasn't any silver back there to find, because the wheat pennies at that time were few and far between. Determined I kept up the search.

Finally I got my search coil over a silver coin and popped a Rosie. Some how I forgot to take a hole shot of the first silver coin. I covered up the hole and sweep it again with the search coil and this time I recovered 2 Rosie Dimes. I covered the hole once again and sweep the hole again and got another good audio tone. I popped a deeper Mercury dime. That's 4 silver coins and a nickel from one hole, my most ever.

About 3 feet away I get another good audio tone and recovery another Rosie dime. Needless to say I went over that little hot area with a fine tooth comb. I found several more wheat pennies before leaving that particular area.

I dug a few deep nickels that got me to thinking that I'm due a gold ring. All I need is one little ole good ring to have my little Mojave pay for itself. I thought about it for good while, before getting another sweet audio and recovered a holed Mercury dime. I still had that gold ring on my mind.

Not satisfied that I did a thorough enough job covering the area around the old clothesline, I headed back over there to check it some more. Nothing, but I did get a picture of Mr. Bada$$ Dog.

Satisfied with the 6 silver coins, I was going to end my hunt by going down the chain link fence line that divided the two permission sites. About halfway down, I get what I thought at first was another nickel audio tone, but it seemed a little bigger and smoother.

Could this be the gold ring that I've been thinking about and wishing I could find for most of the hunt. I carefully dug a wide plug and flipped it over and saw a deep yellow gold color in the plug. My heart got to racing! I carefully picked it up and felt its weight. I thought to myself being that heavy it has to be pure gold.

Not wanting to scratch it, I didn't rub on it and put into my coin water bottle. There was noway that I was going to be able to do anymore detecting so I headed for my SUV and drove home with big ole smile on my face.

I really love this little Mojave detector. Not only does it find the good stuff, it is so much fun to use. Detecting is suppose to be fun....... right? Enjoy the pictures, they tell a better story than I can. Oh yeah, I found 12 wheat pennies.

tabman

Just now reading your story , I was thinking "hmmm " I wonder what kind of Gold Coin could be in with all them Wheat's , Merc's & Roosies. Of Course ..A Bezel'd one.
Ill take a Gold Coin anyway I can get one.
Cool little Machine also.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
It sounds like the Mojave is a great little detector, but you are obviously a very good hunter, and I suspect any machine will be dangerous in your hands.:notworthy:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tabman,

Most gold is in the pulltab range so you earned your moniker.....a well deserved banner.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread