GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a chance to get out and hunt yesterday an old home site here in Southwest Georgia. The farmer had recently pulled out the trees of a wooded area to enlarge his field and I'm sure glad he did. I found an eagle cuff button and about twenty feet away was this coat sized C.S. button. This is a two piece and the back was made of iron or tin and is there but badly rusted. Civil War buttons are hard to come by down here as there was no fighting. I assume someone wore it home or perhaps passed through here. Had the bulldozer blade been a half inch lower, I wouldn't have had a very good looking find. I didn't find any coins (yet) but, plan to be back out there this afternoon.

Attachments

• C.S. Button 2017.jpg
    C.S. Button 2017.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 741
Upvote 71

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I was just pulling your chain. I am happy that GaReb found it even if it is the fifth confederate button he has found at that site. If the Good Lord wants me to find a CS relic I will. Maybe I should head north in my quest? I wish GAReb had the say so on who hunts this site but it is not up to him. I used to hunt there and have found some pretty nice relics but the landowner stopped everybody but Ga from hunting after catching some trespassers digging holes in his fields looking for Indian artifacts. I even called the owner and asked if he would consider letting me back on his land but was politely turned down with a "Let me think about it" response. I'll just have to revel in Ga's finds!

You could get permission from his neighbors to walk their' properties where they join his' with your' head hung low like you are going to cry and maybe he will take pity on you and let you back on the property.:dontknow:;D

Frank

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yeah!

BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! On The Banner

I Knew it would look great up there. & I sure Does. :headbang:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could get permission from his neighbors to walk their' properties where they join his' with your' head hung low like you are going to cry and maybe he will take pity on you and let you back on the property.:dontknow:;D

Frank
That might work if he had any neighbors. The man owns as far as the eye can see in any direction!:laughing7:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the banner friend. Now, go find the other ones that are there.

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you changed your avatar!! Never thought you would top your previous avatar, but I would too if I found this CS button! I'm really happy for you! Time to raise the bar!

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy cow, those are some sweet finds. Wish the snow and frozen ground would come to an end in the Northeast. Congratulations on the banner!

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Very nice. Great save on a great button. I have only found one Confederate button, and that was a South Carolina "Palmetto" Frock Coat Button. I love it, but can't wait to find my next CSA button.

relichuntlenny

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2016
Christiansburg, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your incredible button find! I have restored many hundreds of buttons but only two of those were that particular variety. It truly is a rare button and the condition is also the nicest I have ever seen for a dug example. Hope you find some more Confederate relics at your site! I would definitely vote for banner if it was not already there. Amazing button!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to stop in and see this button from time to time.....

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
plenty of civil war period buttons had iron/tin backs...CS I's, A's...

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya' gotta' Luve tha' ole' Braass!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread