First Diamond Gold Ring Using The Tesoro Mojave

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was just suppose be a test run at a site to see how well the Mojave could handle a pea gravel play ground. The school now is a special ed school but before that it was a middle school. The area where the play ground is now located used to be the old football field. A few years back I found a couple of really nice gold class rings and some silver rings there in the grassy areas. I never had much success in the pea gravel area, because the detectors that I tried to use there didn't do a good job at handling the pea gravel.

Anyhow, I set the Mojave up with full sensitivity, used just enough discrimination to discriminate out a nail, had the ground condition switch set to 'low'. It ran so quietly that I had to do a battery check every once in awhile make sure the battery hadn't died.

As you can see in the pictures that Mojave would have no trouble at all locating micro size gold jewelry, because it's so super sensitive to tiny targets and hits low conductors really hard.

To my surprise I got the Mojave's search coil over a 10k diamond gold ring. Granted it's smashed, it only weighs .82 gram and you need a really good magnifying glass to see the diamond, but it's mine and I found it. LOL

I'm having a blast with the Mojave!

tabman

Attachments

• Mojave First Gold Ring 001.JPG
    Mojave First Gold Ring 001.JPG
    523.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Mojave First Gold Ring 002.JPG
    Mojave First Gold Ring 002.JPG
    957.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Mojave First Gold Ring 003.JPG
    Mojave First Gold Ring 003.JPG
    366.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Mojave First Gold Ring 006.JPG
    Mojave First Gold Ring 006.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Mojave First Gold Ring 008.JPG
    Mojave First Gold Ring 008.JPG
    307.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Mojave First Gold Ring 013.JPG
    Mojave First Gold Ring 013.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Upvote 13

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little gold ring! Cha Ching!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the fun hunt! so glad you are enjoying the new detector.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You paid that machine off a long time ago, now you are just raking in the extra dough. Teach me!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes you did and yes it is! Gold is Gold!! Congrats!! :occasion14:
Thanks! I got gold fever right now. It's a nice change up from digging all those silver coins.

Nice assortment congrats
Thanks! I was digging everything to see what the Mojave could find.

Nice little gold ring! Cha Ching!
Thanks! If find enough of those tiny rings they add up.

Congratualtions on the fun hunt! so glad you are enjoying the new detector.
Thanks! I not saying that swinging a Mojave is most enjoyable thing that I've ever done, but it's up there near the top.

You paid that machine off a long time ago, now you are just raking in the extra dough. Teach me!
You seriously need the Mojave as a companion to your deep silver seeker. You may pickup the Mojave never put it back down again.

tabman

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find. Congrats on the gold! Pea gravel can be challenging, but if we tune our machines well, we can find the goods. This little ring is why we should ALWAYS dig every signal in tot lots. Sub 8-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great hunt using your new detector tabman, I guess your other detectors will have a while before any leave the stable for a hunt. Congrats on the Gold diamond ring.:occasion14:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I must admit that the Mojave has my intrest after your recent posts. Your on fire man !! Looks to be a great machine so far. Nice work. Gold gold gold feeeever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread