Don In South Jersey

Sep 3, 2005
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Pro-Find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today as I am sure most people did & I was pleasantly surprised. I hit a chiropractors building on a road where houses were built in the 1800's, this building was 20 years old so who knew what was there back then. This site was obviously not searched because the seated half dime was at 4 inches as that was my first coin found. I actually turned my detector on, took 3 steps & whamo, silver pops out.

The liberty cap Half Dime was at 8 1/2 to 9 inches deep, & the signal was bouncing around, so once in a while, a 12-41 rang, but there were numbers all over the place. I just listened for a repeatable sound but I didn't get that every time. Was using auto +3, switched to manual at 27 and the signal came in about the same with more chatter, still bouncing around. When pin pointing, the size was small & sounded round & the target trace showed a coin size object. I have been reading Andy Sabisch's book yesterday on the CTX which played a part in my settings.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 95
  • s1a.jpg
    s1a.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 106
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 110
  • s2a.jpg
    s2a.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 30

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Now there's some 5 cent pieces! Grats to ya and thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Don In South Jersey

Don In South Jersey

Sep 3, 2005
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Pro-Find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You for the nice comments. Finding a half dime was on my bucket list getting two was a bonus. Happy hunting to all...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread