The Tesoro Mojave Injun On The Warpath Again!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I figured that I'd do a little volleyball court searching today since the Mojave did so well in the pea gravel yesterday. There's no doubt in my mind that this court has been pounded to death, but not by the Mojave.

I had my heart set on a gold piece of jewelry, maybe even a super fine chain necklace or bracelet, so I set the discrimination as low as it would go. With the ED180 I'm searching in all metal, so nothing is going to get past me today.

I begin my grid search pattern that was about 2 feet wide and overlapped with each pass of the search coil. I drug my foot in the sand to make sure that my grid search pattern didn't miss covering an area.

Well it didn't long before I found my first good target, a 925 Silver Pendant. This detecting in the sand is really fun and easy. I was having a blast just seeing how small of a target that the Mojave could find. It even found earring stud backings! Nothing can hide from this Injun.

Bam! I got a great audio tone response, the little Injun found a Pandora Sterling Silver Charm Bracelet LINK I've found enough good stuff with the Mojave in just two hunts to pay for it 3 times over easily. Not to mention all the fun that I'm having with it is priceless.

While I was taking a break eating sandwich, I saw a goose chase a grown man from a bench that he was sitting on all the way back to his car. That was a funny sight to see. I wished that I could have caught it all on video.

When I got back to detecting, I found yet another 925 Silver Pendant. That put a big smile on my face. After totally and carefully grid searching the entire volleyball court I decided to make it a short hunt and head for the house.

Do you know why I didn't find a gold or silver necklace or any gold for that matter? Because it wasn't any there to be found. That's why!
laughing021.gif
I'm totally elated with the Mojave's ED180 when searching for gold micro jewelry.

tabman

Attachments

• Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 002.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 002.JPG
    513.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 004.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 004.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 005.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 005.JPG
    681.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 007.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 007.JPG
    645.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 009.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 009.JPG
    528.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 011.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 011.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 012.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 012.JPG
    594.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 015.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 015.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 016.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 016.JPG
    341.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 017.JPG
    Mojave - Charm Bracelet - 2 Pendants 017.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 12

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
Come on Tabman save some for the rest of us!! Congrats on all the awesome finds your having, really enjoying reading your posts, it's inspired me to get off my lazy butt and go hunting. Taking the Tigar shark out tonight to hit the beach :occasion14:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just another day with the Mojave tabman, nice going on the silver finds.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That pandora is a good find.. I know; cause I bought one for my daughter for Christmas.. $$

Awesome hunt.. I never thought about drawing lines in the sand; I'll have to remember that one.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
l'll trade you my Silver and Compadre for that Mojave! ;)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the continued silver success with the new Tesoro!

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, from a sales standpoint, what does the Mojave have that something like the AT Pro does not? Seems like the mineralization switch and easier on small targets. But could the AT Pro just ground balance and use a smaller coil? I've been looking for another detector to put into the mix. Going to be selling my ACE 350. That Mojave does seem like fun. Also does it have the standard high, mid, low tone?

Anyway, congrats on all the cool stuff you have found. And like others have said, save some for the rest of us gosh darn it!! Keep up the pace and hope there is more!

Last edited:

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No silver coins? WTH!?

Good finds. Keep em' comin!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come on Tabman save some for the rest of us!! Congrats on all the awesome finds your having, really enjoying reading your posts, it's inspired me to get off my lazy butt and go hunting. Taking the Tigar shark out tonight to hit the beach :occasion14:
Thanks! That detecting in the sand is fun and super easy. Good Luck tonight!

Just another day with the Mojave tabman, nice going on the silver finds.
Thanks! I'm trying to mix it up some. I'm going to give the silver coins a little rest, I've got gold fever.

That pandora is a good find.. I know; cause I bought one for my daughter for Christmas.. $$

Awesome hunt.. I never thought about drawing lines in the sand; I'll have to remember that one.
Thanks! Just drag one foot as you do your grid search.

l'll trade you my Silver and Compadre for that Mojave! ;)
You can sell both of those and get a Mojave. You'll never regret doing that, I promise!

Congratulations on the continued silver success with the new Tesoro!
Thanks! I'm having a ball with the Mojave.

Just curious, from a sales standpoint, what does the Mojave have that something like the AT Pro does not? Seems like the mineralization switch and easier on small targets. But could the AT Pro just ground balance and use a smaller coil? I've been looking for another detector to put into the mix. Going to be selling my ACE 350. That Mojave does seem like fun.

Anyway, congrats on all the cool stuff you have found. And like others have said, save some for the rest of us gosh darn it!! Keep up the pace and hope there is more!
Thanks! All I'm going to say is, once you use a Mojave you'll know why.

No silver coins? WTH!?
I got gold fever and silver coin hunting is taking a backseat.

Good finds. Keep em' comin!
Thanks! I may need a rest, I'm having way too much fun with the Mojave!

tabman

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if this detector is as good or better then other brands for the same prices.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am wondering if this detector is as good or better then other brands for the same prices.

I've paid a lot more for detectors and haven't had as much fun with them as I have had with the little ole $251.10 Mojave.

After you use the Mojave and try some other detectors in its price range, get back with me, because if there's something better I'll buy it.

tabman

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lord have mercy, im just surfing from tabman thread to tabman thread. Your crushing it !! Ride the wave of luck as far as it takes you man. Great work !!
So far as I can tell youve found enough jewelry in the last week or so to fill a jewelry box. The Mojave is doin work !!!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lord have mercy, im just surfing from tabman thread to tabman thread. Your crushing it !! Ride the wave of luck as far as it takes you man. Great work !!
So far as I can tell youve found enough jewelry in the last week or so to fill a jewelry box. The Mojave is doin work !!!

Thanks! Get yourself a Mojave and share in the fun. You won't regret it, I promise!

tabman

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome totals for the day tabman, I bet you could take a $50 detector and still pull all your finds. It's more about the man swinging the machine, than the detector itself. You are a true professional tabman even though you use pen lights to grease the palms.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was about to order a Garrett AT Pro or Gold , but after reading your posts and few videos from the Tube I don't know anymore. Heck I could buy 2 Tesoro models for the price of the AT Gold or Pro. Back to square one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions