“Real” Great Walk in the Old Muddy Farm Field

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

This is day two working that old muddy snow covered field near my home. Today, more of the green Earth was showing through, but the water and mud increased exponentially. I used the Garrett AT Gold – small coil, “wide open” carefully listening to any favorable tones among the iron blanket. I used the small coil yesterday with some nice results. Using the small coil means less coverage, but better target separation and that is what was needed for this particular place. Therefore, using a small coil, slow sweep speed and walking with the idea of overlapping each swing by 50% yield two nice old coin finds. The two coin keepers were: 1793 2-Real and an 1888 Seated Liberty dime, both in very nice condition and holed (looks like I can make some jewelry to wear). For Relics: 3 ½ buttons, piece of a harmonica reed, spoon part, valve part and rivet for leather connections. The Iron was huge today with the total being close to 20 pounds; all part of being a relic hunter. I hope to hit this place all week if the weather holds out and see what other treasures are hiding beneath the muddy soil.

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

02_20_2017 1.jpg 02_20_2017 2.jpg 02_20_2017 3.jpg 02_20_2017 4.jpg 02_20_2017 5.jpg 02_20_2017 6.jpg

Upvote 29

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very, very nice finds Doc! The reale is a beauty. You get extra credit for rescuing those lovely coins from all that slop. Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread