46 Wheat pennies in one coin roll!

Ender_boy24

Jan 20, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Pro Bounty Hunter with Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the bank today to get 10 dollars in penny rolls and the bank teller said these were the oldest penny rolls she had. One glance and I can tell they're good because sticking out of one is a wheat penny. I just got home and opened that roll and nearly passed out in excitement. The roll consisted of 46 wheat pennies, 3 lincoln memorials, and 1 Canadian penny! I still have 19 rolls to go through but i had to tell you guys this! Heres a picture: Resized_20170222_140637.jpeg

Upvote 6

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The silver looking one is made of steel. Very nice!

OP
OP
E

Ender_boy24

Jan 20, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe it!!! I got another roll full of wheat pennies!!!!!!! I'm gonna unroll all of the rolls and show you a picture of all of the wheats i got!

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
After you are done checking all the rolls, gives us a run down of dates and mint marks of the wheat cents please. Thanks!

OP
OP
E

Ender_boy24

Jan 20, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is very strange... I found a roll that completely consists of 1968 San Francisco pennies. Whoever brought the rolls to the bank must have brought a roll that came from the mint because they look completely uncirculated and I think they were made to commemorate someone's birthday/anniversary.

OP
OP
E

Ender_boy24

Jan 20, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After you are done checking all the rolls, gives us a run down of dates and mint marks of the wheat cents please. Thanks!

the ones I found in the first roll were from the 40's and consisted of just a few Denver mint marks. The second roll were all in the 50's and consisted of a few Denver mintmarks.

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey now! I hardly ever see clean wheaty pennies!

SO THAT IS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread